• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Visual Representation (1 Viewer)

emily88

HSC
I have to do a visual representation on my texts: Peter Skrzynecki, The town where time stands still and a related text for journeys. Was wondering if anyone had any tips on doing a VR as i have never done one before and im not quite sure what i should include etc

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
emily88 said:
I have to do a visual representation on my texts: Peter Skrzynecki, The town where time stands still and a related text for journeys. Was wondering if anyone had any tips on doing a VR as i have never done one before and im not quite sure what i should include etc
i think i can help but whats the issue that you have to convey for ur visual rep? and do you have the option of using tools such as powerpoint, video etc?

emily88

HSC
nah

I have to do it on a standard piece of cardboard, and i have to represent how my texts convey the meaning of journeys or something, mainly im looking for visual techniques i could use (i also have to do a 5 min speech to gfo with my VR)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
well put a road in the middle of the cardboard which can represent the journey and on the sides of it put things which are significant and happened due to taking on the journey such as a character changing or him identifying something new because he had taken a journey etc ... can u tell me what your texts are about so i can get a better idea because i havent read or studied em yet

if you want i can show u a picture of my past yr11 visual rep which got full marks includin the explanation of it. even though it does not have anything relating to journey you might get a idea on how you want to construct it and how to write your speech.

Last edited:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
A good idea is to look at the past HSC papers (paper 1) and see how they have presented the notion of journey in the stimulus material (lots of them have pictures). You could 'borrow' some ideas from there.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Try the BOS resource section and the real BOS for past papers.

albsie

HSC
Hey emily88, you wouldn't happen to be from Nowra High, Mrs Newton's class would you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)