Visual Arts (1 Viewer)

Diala

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone!
I just need some ideas on this mixed media collage I'm doing on Ned Kelly. I don't know how to start it, as in I have to make him using magazines, newspaper, fabric, crayon, texta etc. Can I get some ideas as soon as possible! Thanks.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Depends on how you want to portray him. Start with a main idea you want to express, do heaps of research about him so you get an idea about his life. Then do some cool sketches before jumping in- that'll help make up your mind and make certain you don't feel unsure about the idea half way through.

Have a look at what everyone else is doing and try to do something a different- think outside the box!

Also look online for inspiration; there is so much out there. You can always lay down a basic collage and bring it to life with splashes of paint or distortion or adding miscellaneous items. Think of symbolism.

Hope this helped :D

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
First, why are you choosing Ned Kelly? What kind of significance does he have on you/the art world/the artwork?

You need to decide why you are basing your work on him and solidify your concept before you start, because your concept will really inform what you will do (unless this is an assignment set by school)

If you're doing mixed media, look into using natural elements, like wood, into your artwork. It could draw connections between Ned Kelly and his land.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)