visual arts essay questions (1 Viewer)

mittens

HSC
post your art essay questions here!
here are some questions from section 2 of Visual Arts exams:

Artist's Practice:

1. Account for the changes in the practice of artists, art critics or historians over time. (25 marks)

2. evaluate how technology affects the practise of artists (25 marks)

3. 'bias is unavoidable in the practise of art critics, art historians or artists'
Evaluate this statement making reference to at least ONE of the practices.
(25 marks)

4. explain how beliefs, motives and actions are reflected in the practise of artists. refer to particular examples. (25 marks)

Conceptual Framework:

5. Artists can look inward and work intuitively or look outward and work rationally Discuss this statement in relation to specific artists and their artworks. (25 marks)

6. New art has to compete with the real world so it muct challenge and shock to engage its audience. Explain this statement with reference to particular artists and their artworks. (25 marks)

7. Art exhibitions are not important to the process of art making
Discuss this statement in relation to an art exhibition you have seen or read about. (25 marks)

8. Examine a range of artworks as representations of ideas about social identity. (25 marks)

Frames:

9. Discuss how artists have used intuition and imagination as a way of communicating deeply felt experiences. refer to a range of examples in your response. (25 marks)

10. Artists invent new ways to communicate with their audience using signs, symbols and visual codes. Do you agree with this view? Give reasons for your answer. Refer to particular artists, artworks and how audiences can respond. (25 marks)

11. in what ways are contemporary art practices a challenge to cultural traditions? refer to particular examples. (25 marks)

StephanieMit

HSC
Hey!
I'm doing an art essay and i am confused by what an artist's intention is? Would you mind explaining it? :)

Kat92

HSC
Hey!
I'm doing an art essay and i am confused by what an artist's intention is? Would you mind explaining it? :)
You may want to check when that post was put up....(2004) Mittens is probably an inactive member by now.

Hopefully you can find someone that can explain this for you! :)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Hey!
Not sure how relevant this is, but I think it will help others.

Artist intention - basically what the artist is trying to achieve with their art.
Think about what reactions artists are trying to gauge from their audiences and what their art intends to do conceptually (i.e. are they trying to make a statement about or world today? How well have they achieved that? or are they trying to achieve introspective reflection into their subconscious? etc)

The best way to deal with these questions regarding artist intention is pretend you're the artist of the artwork you're discussing - what are you trying to achieve with your artwork?

Hope it helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)