Vet (1 Viewer)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
hey just wondering...

if i only have 10 units and 2 of those 10 units include a vet course... (business services admin.) will that pull my uai down???

what if i choose not to do the hsc for vet???
will i still get a uai?

Winston

HSC
No you won't get a UAI, because you only do 10 units, you must have 10 units to get a HSC and UAI, if you do good in your business services it won't pull you down, like i said i did IT (VET) and that boosted me up.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Basically you need to the HSC vet exam if you want a UAI. VET courses normally have low scaling but if you do well in it, it will help you not hinder.

santaslayer

HSC
but generally VET courses pull u down in the scaling process.....my skool didnt recommend me do a VET course coz they said if i wanted a uai, the VET course would pull me down hard...(IT)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
That's only assuming that you won't perform well as it will be detrimental to your UAI.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yeh.. the in class assessments seem to be really easy... i fluke them....

in the prelim i got like all the multiple choice right but the extended response might as well have been in chinese

ne hints on how to write a good essay??

inasero

Reborn
HSC
I wouldn't say "pulled down", I tihnk its more along the lines of "not-as-much-as-would-have-been-possibl-with-a-non-vet-course" ...the scaling is bad for VET courses unfortunately...so even if youre brilliant it wont really help you.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Vet courses are for people who are not really interested in tertiary studies. As you can see, VET courses are considered "less challenging" and universities require category A courses as prerequsites and do not recognise Category B courses such as VET.

santaslayer

HSC
catergory B courses are "semi recognised" as sum of the content is useful for uni but the majority is mainly targeted at people who wanna work

shattermenow

luckily i did 12 units, 2 units of VET was not counted in the UAI. the exam for it was easy but i got scaled down to 86.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)