VET IT Past papers ... (1 Viewer)

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
*What is a software audit?
A software audit involves the internal or external investigation into the authenticity of installed software on business computers, ensuring all copies are licenced and are not in breach of their respective EULA (including the scanning for pirated materials)

*define the term consumables
Consumables are materials that are used up to provide a physical output (or thats what im using if i get asked, I agree, that sounds so simple but defining isnt so basic :p

*Outline the main steps needed to undertake a mail merge.
o god lol, theres a huge list of things that I really cant be bothered typing but only learnt last week ;) .. worth it imo, will scan up pages later if people want it ..

and thanks for those scans :)

d_griffo

HSC
thats ok i know we are all in the same boat and i thought that someone might need some help

consumable is something such as paper, toner, ink, paperclips etc

UM anyone know the reason why the have user printer offline,
have a look at your printer and right click and you will see it

i dont know what it is and why they have it

any suggestions, all those papers nearly ask for what is a mail merge may thats a hint

HSC
doesnt it allow printing to selected printers that aren't physically connected?

d_griffo

HSC
sorry i apologies its use printer offline
and found out what it means

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292049
states
<b>SYMPTOMS</b>
When you try to use the "Use Printer Offline" feature, the or one that is similar to it:
There was an error found when printing the document "Print.txt" to LPT1 Access is Denied.

Do you want to retry or cancel the job?

The "Use Printer Offline" feature is only available for local printers, for example, printers that are directly connected to LPT1. This is typically apparent because this feature is missing from printers that are connected with a UNC connection. However, this feature appears to be available when you connect to a network printer by using the net use command or by capturing the printer with the Novell Client.

<b>CAUSE</b>
This problem may occur because Windows does not save user's credentials, and if the client is rebooted, the spooler is unable to connect to the server to print the job that was originally printed offline.

HSC
i just did the 2002 independent, fuck that was hard, but easy extended response

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)