Veronica Mars - DVD (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Hi,

Does anyone know where I might be able to find the Veronica Mars DVDs?
I've searched Sanity, JBHIFI, HMV, EZYDVD...and nothing. If anyone's had better luck than me, let me know because I'm desperate.

Thanks.

slowjam10

HSC
Hey,

Well the DVD's have not been released in the Region 4 format (ie. playable on Australian DVD players).

However, do not despair!

You may purchase the US version of the DVD's. Although you would have to check if your DVD player is capable of playing US DVD's (ie. Region 1).

I myslef have bought Season 1 and 2 from Amazon.com and have no problems getting them here. I would say Amazon would be the best place to look and their shipping prices aren't that bad.

Or you may like to try ebay to pick up a bargain.

Also remember if you're buying from Amazon you need to convert teh price into Australian dollars. (link - www.exchangerate.com or just watch the news and use a calculator)

Anyway hope this helped:):)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Aus hasnt bought the rights to the music on the show so thats why its not on sale here.

Best bet is ebay.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
shanti96 said:
Aus hasnt bought the rights to the music on the show so thats why its not on sale here.

Best bet is ebay.
Why would they not do that?

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
I don't know. At first I thought it may have something to do with the artists on the show but the oc has similar music to VM and they still got all 4 seasons sold here.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
How do you know all this anyway? Is there an industry goss website somewhere?

Wouldn't all the artists have concurrent deals with their respective record companies in Australia, or are mechanical rights via DVD releases through an independent TV series a whole different altogether even for the same songs by the same artists?

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
From Wiki
Wikipedia said:
Warner Bros. Australia have plans to release the show on DVD, but have encountered some legal problems caused by music licensing. The first season was originally slated for a 2006 release, but was postponed soon after. It is still unclear, at this stage, whether or not these legal issues will be resolved anytime soon. TV Week has stated that the DVD will not be released,[citation needed] and it would be best to purchase it through Amazon.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)