Vegetarian Recipes (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
A yummy Lentil Soup:

Ingredients:

500g Lentils
2 medium or one large onion. (Chopped roughly)
4-6 carrots. (Chopped roughly)
About a litre and a half of water or stock (stock is better but water is good too. You can use stock cubes as well)

1. Rinse the lentils well!! Very important.
And then simply put all the stock/water, carrots, onions, and lentils into a large pot and bring to the rapid boil and then turn the heat down and simmer on that low heat.

2. It is ready when the carrots are soft but still hold their shape.

You can also add diced potatoes to this if you like, or any other suitable vegies really. And you don't have to be exact with the quantities.
It is quite delicious! but remember the lentils are the most important bit. If you don't get them right it would have that lovely flavour and consistency.

john31459

HSC
N/A
These are suggestions rather than recipes, but spinach and ricotta anything, nachos and vegetarian pizzas are all hella awesome. Or you could be creative with pastry and vegies in your oven (eg. layer sliced veggies between cheese).

sleepplease

HSC
Thankyou, became vego just over a week ago (fingers crossed it lasts) and already getting sick of vegetables but those recipes are great :)

BlackDragon

HSC
i turned vegie about two years ago. lol it only lasted about a month. i spose it was semi-moral grounds, semi-hippy cool grounds. i was only 16 so yeah.

are you vegetarian for health, moral or taste reasons 'sleepplease'?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)