Vcom (1 Viewer)

[trent]

HSC
After coming back to school three weeks ago, I discovered, to my disbelief, that the executives had installed TV's along our main school corridors. This TV system (affectionately called VCOM) was to deliver messages to the students as they walked down the corridors. Good in theory. But after Day 2, VCOM’s problems became immediately visible. Students quickly discovered that, in able to read the messages, one must wait in front of the screen for around one minute, blocking off the thoroughfares, waiting for the cycle of messages to complete. On top of blocking off corridors, VCOM isn’t very clear – with a terrible reception on all but one TV (making reading VCOM even harder).

Our principal has also decided to post the school rules on VCOM, so we get daily notices like 'be courteous to teachers' and 'walk on the left hand side of the corridors' as we all walk, rather rebelliously, down the right-hand side. I was just curious; does any other school in NSW have such a ridiculous system? (Keep in mind, we still have daily announcements and a school assembly once a week)…and if so, do you find it at all beneficial?

And here’s a photo of VCOM…(and yes, we have Pokka-dot walls :( )

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it seems like something from a sci fi movie. only not. because instead of looking cool and technoligicalised it just looks and sounds plain strange. no offence to ur school though. its just weird.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
ahaha....odd.

sorry, i had this image in my head that your school had flat screen tvs build into the walls at about eye level, and white or pale blue walls. then i saw the photo, and yeah, completely different. anyways, it's a cool idea, but pretty useless if it doesn't work efficiently like you descrubed. why do you guys have polka dot walls? looks like something out of a day care centre - no offence. but no, my school doesn't have that tv system - they're probably too cheap to buy the tvs anyway.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
lourai*87 said:
"I AM VCOM....and i am going to steal your soul"
:p
hehe...

hey, is that your dog ? it's so cute ! what's it's name, and what breed is it?

[yeah, completely off topic]

[trent]

HSC
table for 1 said:
why do you guys have polka dot walls? looks like something out of a day care centre...
Yes, yes it does...the colours are meant to 'stimulate our minds'. We've got coloured stripes in our stairwells as well, and there's a rumour that a guy was paid thousands to come up with the colour scheme of our school (Every block has a different colour allocated to it. quite patronising really...)

I really think my school needs to sort out its priorities...

still waiting

HSC
sounds like it.....
v com sounds like the most ridiculous idea.. i thought the same as table for one but obviously not.. our hallways are small enough without something like that blocking them up sounds good in theory stupid in practice

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
its like bloody futuristic and patronising. next thing you know, it'd have its own little set of snide comments in the system.

"tuck that shirt in"
"do your tie up"
"stop wearing skimpy skirts"

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
its like bloody futuristic and patronising. next thing you know, it'd have its own little set of snide comments in the system.

"tuck that shirt in"
"do your tie up"
"stop wearing skimpy skirts"
Lol its very "1984" (George Orwell) - in truibute to my english studies...i actually read the text!!! And on time too

Igor

HSC
N/A
hah!! you go to Merewether!! I used to go there, and my sister still does. are the K block walls still that horrible orange colour?
i heard about v-com. sounds just like Bev to do something like that.

Q. Is Sargent Penguin still hanging around the english staffroom?

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
[trent] said:
Yes, yes it does...the colours are meant to 'stimulate our minds'. We've got coloured stripes in our stairwells as well, and there's a rumour that a guy was paid thousands to come up with the colour scheme of our school (Every block has a different colour allocated to it. quite patronising really...)

I really think my school needs to sort out its priorities...
haha...are you serious? stimulate your minds?? well, you know, it might actually kind of work. might. meh... but i agree, your school needs to sort our its priorities.

[trent]

HSC
~VCOM UPDATE~

Just thought I'd let you all in on a very disturbing event that we witnessed today.
Today, VCOM, our friend and educator...

STOPPED WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't know how, we don't know why. All we know is when we raced down the corridors this morning to say hello, VCOM answered with a blank screen...(deep.)

On other VCOM news, VCOM recieved not one, not two, but three roses on Valentines Day, which i must admit was more than I got :(

p.s: Igor, yeh K block's still bright orange...but who's Sargent Penguin?!?

Igor

HSC
N/A
"Igor, yeh K block's still bright orange...but who's Sargent Penguin?!?"

there's an english teacher by the name of Mrs Sargent, who looks like a penguin- hence sargent penguin.
we made up a song for her and all... i wish i could remember it.

as for the roses thing- you people need mor to fill your lives, or a better tv at home, either one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)