vaccinations (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
outline the way in which vaccinations prevent infection

Is it best to adress this dot point by talking about active and passive immunisation? or to talk about the substances in the vaccines?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You have to talk about how the materials in the vaccine (e.g. attenuated strains of microorganisms) can activate immune responses in making antibodies/memory cells ect...

You shouldn't emphasis on active/passive immunisation as both processes don't directly explain how vaccination prevent infections such as polio, small pox and diphtheria.

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
uhm... but vaccination is passive immunisation, if my memory serves me right...

so i believe, as survivor said, talk abt the inactive/relatively harmless antigens in the vaccine, so that the memory cells remembers the antigen, hence immunising the organism against next infection...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Sorry, i meant to say "shouldn't" not should.

Passive immunisation is the injection of antibodies, whereas active is the injection of attenuated microorganisms. So you SHOULDN'T emphasis this too much. Just focus on how the vaccine provoke a response in your immune system.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
xiao1985 said:
uhm... but vaccination is passive immunisation, if my memory serves me right...

so i believe, as survivor said, talk abt the inactive/relatively harmless antigens in the vaccine, so that the memory cells remembers the antigen, hence immunising the organism against next infection...
nup, vaccination is ACTIVE immunisation...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
queenie said:
nup, vaccination is ACTIVE immunisation...
uhm SHEIT... i think i got it the other way around...

uhm vaccination should be active immunisation... as it stimulates the body to defend it self actively... =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)