V8 Supercars 2008 (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, Prick is doing it again :mad: And Paul Morris again proves how much of an idiot he is ... time to give someone else a drive.

Well done to Davison and Winterbottom :)

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC
Morris has too much money. He won't be left without a drive especially when it is his own team.
Sirromet wines = T E Morris backwards.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
What does T. E. stand for? If you say "Paul", then I'll be very impressed since you managed to spell it with two letters that aren't in it. And I'd also be slightly concerned ...

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC
I believe its Terry Morris' initials, Pauls father.

A nice quote from Steve Johnson back in the day that went someone like:
"To succeed in motorsport you need to have a PhD - Parents have Dough"

F2001

HSC
Tony D'Alberto what an idiot. Look how he returned to the trakck and just rammed Courtney off at T3. All I've seen so far of that guy on the TV at least is him being in a mess/incident + a damaged car.:vcross:

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC
He is a good driver. Give him time.

Lowndes took himself, Courtney and Winterbottom out. He an idiot too?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Although I haven't been watching the last round, that incident at Adelaide is still contentious. No-oe in particular is responsible for it; it was simply a racing incident. If you want to disagree, then fine, but don't be using it as an argument to justify the poor driving of others.

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC
But it is ok to bag D'Alberto after two rounds? So that seems pretty fair.

I watched him throughout Karting, Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series etc. Give him a go. He is a good driver.

Jess007

HSC
peter brock.... u blame his death for hi driving... you cant justify v8 drivers deaths to their lack of driving skills. the speeds they get up to, and the preciseness of their ability to get around the track is amazing. so please. dont bring it all bck to the lack of skills.

everyone knows they r the bets drivers. accidents happen to someone everyday, theres a fatility on the roads every day, some we dont hear about. the importance of the v8 races magnifies the media attention on them.

skill on the v8 course has little to do with it. its the speed/other cars and the environment that effects the outcome.

thats my opinion anywy

F2001

HSC
StuntManonFire said:
He is a good driver. Give him time.

Lowndes took himself, Courtney and Winterbottom out. He an idiot too?
D'Alberto was just about side by side with Courtney and crunched him and sent him off track. There are situations were you yield (Adelaide) and where you leave room and dont smash the other guy off when side by side and nothing in it

Last edited:

timmay.08

HSC
With Ford pulling money out of every team bar SBR and FPR, Team Vodafone has hinted a possible move to Holden for 2009...

Maybe Lowndesy will finish where he started :D

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Where did they hint that?

It's obvious what they're doing in supporting FPR and SBR: they want either the Ford team with the most experience in winning titles (SBR) to take the next Ford championship, or they want the factory team (FPR) to be the ones to do it.

timmay.08

HSC
roland dane said they were open to all possibilities ie. changing to holden

HSC guy

HSC
How can you people like this sport? Supercars are basiclly fat slow formula 1 cars. And the crashes are no where near as entertaining.

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC
HSC guy said:
How can you people like this sport? Supercars are basiclly fat slow formula 1 cars. And the crashes are no where near as entertaining.
Maybe because Formula 1 is a sport for cashed up rich boys with lack of driving ability.

Please, don't get me wrong Formula 1 fans, but the sport is shit. They complain about lack of passing, but maybe if they had some decent drivers, there would be a little more.

V8 Supercars are nothing like Formula 1. They are mildly entertaining to watch. At least there is passing past the 2nd lap.

paddles-06

HSC
Formula 1 is good in its own style but its all about strategy with the first lap being the place to see the only passing on the track and not in the pits.

V8 supercars are even and comes down to skills of the the drivers more then the pit stop strategies.

Go Winterbottom and Ford

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Actually, V8s are well on the way to becoming the new F1 of limited overtaking. Most overtaking, particularly at the front of the field is now done in the pits. You can blame the rules for that, not only the parity rule, but also the fear of been given a drive through for bumping another car, and the points system which still rewards consistancy, despite certain drivers never winning throughout the year and still winning the championship. Also, apart from say Phillip Island, Albert Park, and Bathurst, our tracks are shit, completed in less than a minute and offer very few overtaking opportunities. The category isn't as good as what it was 2 or 3 years ago.

And on the topic of Roland Dane suggesting a move to Holden, he never said that. All that they are going to do is remove the Ford badging from their merchandise. But its ok, they get most of their money from the UK anyway. Its the smaller Ford teams that should be worried.

walkahz

HSC
Formula 1 drivers cant drive???
That is the stupidest comment i have ever heard. F1 is very different to the v8s.
It may be boring but that is the way F1 is. If they touch in those cars they will break (no biff and barge like the v8's).
V8's have gotten crap the last few years as there is too many street circuits and there is not much passing (due to the street circuits) and going to the stupid international circuits is a terrible idea (no one watches and its on late on tv here where the only audience is).
Oran park one of the best tracks in the series is closing at the end of the year to make way for more box houses and instead we get to watch a race at olympic park (another boring street circuit with 90 degree corners and straights). (I am keen for the last race at Oran park but.)
The V8's are getting worse but they need to get back to what it was a few years ago.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Ford won at Bathurst for Lowndes' and Whincup's third-straight victory, so suck on it.

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC
Was hoping for safety car with 3 laps to go. 1 lap dash would of been good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)