V8 Supercars 2007 (1 Viewer)

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Well, the season just started on Channel 7.

I'm rather glad HRT were allowed to race this weekend, too bad they did pretty shite in qualifying.

One benefit I discovered with the Channel 7 move is no more Leigh Diffey! Its so much more enjoyable now that he's gone back to the US!

lengy

HSC
Craig Lowdes' Vodaphone Ford is such a hot looking car! Bloody oil slick.

bng

HSC
Good race. I seem to like the new HRT car for some reason

lengy

HSC
What does everyone think of the new VE in V8 Supercars? I can't really tell the different on the track between it and the VZ though Mark Skaife's one looks really good.
What happened to the Jack Daniel's Holdens?

lengy

HSC
Rick Kelly won the second round of Clipsal 500 whilst brother Todd Kelly came second but won yesterday's first round of Clipsal 500.

lengy

HSC
I find it hard to tell the Toll Holdens are VEs.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Rick Kelly won the second round of Clipsal 500 whilst brother Todd Kelly came second but won yesterday's first round of Clipsal 500.
Oh my God, he actually won a race!?

Better sooner than later, I guess.

bng

HSC
I cant stand Rick Kelly. he is such an arrogant prick. Todd on the other hand is half decent.
And you all know that Lowndes shuld have the number 1 on his car

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
bng said:
And you all know that Lowndes shuld have the number 1 on his car
He should... but he doesn't.

I'm not convinced of the performance of the Holden VE, the kelly's did well, but Tander and Skaife left something to be desired. Particually seeing that Stone Bros. had a decent weekend.

ohdato

HSC
Lowndes performance worried me alot, I was hoping he'd be his aggressive self.

Rick references himself as "#1" too much, True Champs don't win 1
Championship and think they are gold.

Courtney will be the one to beat this year I think, SBR will give him a great package...they have always been the best with Fords since back at DJR.

Non of the VE teams give that car enough justice in relation to looks the paint is so boring and duplicated from last year.

bizadfar

HSC
VE has better aero i reckon, of course we would need a CFD analysis side by side to be precise.

But why? Just look at how each car brakes, yes it's mostly setup of suspension and chassis construction by respective teams (HRT/Toll use same chassis). But i do not recall ANY VE's having brake problems in the races. The Stone bros team were killing the engine (engine braking like no tomorrow) to slow the car down.

Now closely look at the front splitter of each car. the BA has a indented front corner parts, probably allows less air volume to cool the brakes. The VE has fat arse turning vanes with huge interior room.

Also look at the on boards of the cars through turn 8.

I reckon this could be Todd or Garth's year.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I see v8 supercars are still at in with regards to HRT / HSV ownership. They need to fix the mess asap, its giving the sport a bad name (i really won't say what I'm thinking).

About clipsal quickly (i kinda forgot :eek:) - courtney looks like he is going to be a real challenger this year. And IT also knows how to win a race, although, you never know when Todd and Rick battle for positons, good old uncle tom could easily tell them to change positions. Too bad his squeeky voice hasn't broken yet. I'm worried about the 888 cars and their lack of pace. Hopefully Perth will be better to them.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
As usual, the Boringallo races live up to their name. If you're not in the top three, you're caught in a moving chicane for 50 laps. But what else did you expect for a two-kilometre circuit with lap times of under a minute? That's the only reason Tander and Prick Kelly keep winning.

bizadfar

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
As usual, the Boringallo races live up to their name. If you're not in the top three, you're caught in a moving chicane for 50 laps. But what else did you expect for a two-kilometre circuit with lap times of under a minute? That's the only reason Tander and Prick Kelly keep winning.
Tander deserves it, even if you are 100% ford fan.

I remember in 2000 that Valvoline cummins car was awesome, so much faster than the HRT crew. Garth was so far ahead by mid season in the points. Then HRT had a resurgence. But if you saw Garth drive those early rounds, you could tell he was really on it (especially Adelaide 2000).

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

I'm sick of hearing about how great bloody Eric Pender is. From the way the commentators talk about him, you'd think Rick's race engineer is the next Ross Brawn (which I guess is better than Channel Ten, who made him out to be Ross Brawn's Ross Brawn). If Pender were so bloody brilliant, Kelly would have won a round last year ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Cause Kelly is shit :D Accumulates points and then wins the round :rolleyes:

How I wished Tander's pit stop problem happened to Rick. Would have taught him, cruising around in 3rd place to win the round. :mad1:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I know he's shit, but the point is they make Pender out to be the next Ross Brawn when he isn't.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Cause channel 7 are just as shit. Apart from Crompton and Denyer, no one knows anything. And then Denyer can only turn up to the races if some stupid reality tv show doesn't take up all his time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)