V8 Supercars 2006 (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I hope Skaife and Tander don't win. Actually, it would be sweet if Tander was leading, and then they do the driver swap and Skaife gets in, and the car breaks down (similar to Sandown). :)
Same for the Kelly brothers. Rick thinks hes the God of Bathurst :rolleyes:

Its going to be a fantastic weekend of viewing :D
Although early practice has Skaife / Tander on top by 0.7 seconds :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Richo wiped out down the bottom of Conrod.

Ouch.

Going to take Larry's boys all night to fix it ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I read about that on a Williams forum. Haven't seen it yet though, they'll probably show it before qualifying.

As long as dumbassed dumbrell stays right away from Lowndes this year, it will be good.

Skaife / Tander :mad1:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Well I won't be watching until the race itself. Stupid ECON102 assessment; I planned to take a week of the holidays to do it and then take a week to do my MM105 assignment in the second week but I had no idea how to do ECON and it took 2 1/2 weeks so I'm only just getting around to my 105, which is due on Monday.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
:(

Send your assignment down and I'll do it for you :D

You'll still watch some of the race though. You can't help yourself :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Channel 10 can go and stuff their broadcasting regulations up their ass.

Bloody hell :mad1: :mad: :angry: :mad:

bizadfar

HSC
Cape said:
1 week until Bathurst! Anyone with any predictions?

Lowndes and Whincup to win.
I went to the local TAB and put some money on car 15 and 2. Kelly brothers + Tander/Skaife.

I really want Lowndes to win though.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Everyone's going to self-monitoring following the events of the past month.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
That was a horrible horrible crash :(

I hope Clark and Porter get better soon. Although, the lack of news is disturbing. Last I heard (from someone on a forum) was one had head injuries while another suffered a cardiac arrest :(

bizadfar

HSC
what a race.... To be honest i havn't enjoyed bathurst as much in the recent years. I use to enjoy it heaps when it poured like hell and was full of fog. But this last stint of this race was just great. Both on the limit.

HSC
10 safety cars? :eek:

It really was an amazing race. Scaife and Bright out early was a major shock and there were so many big accidents today. Paul Radisich is one very lucky man after his huge crash.

Disappointing not to see Tander or Ryan Briscoe get the chance to drive and it was nice to see Glenn Seaton get yet another podium position.

Wht an event, what a week of motor racing! :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Any driver would have dedicated their victory to Brock.

But I think the only man with the real right to do so was Craig Lowndes.

Plus, I missed Skaife's departure after 300m and was snickering for most of the rest of the race.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Skaife :D
Could not but help but laugh at him every news update and every time they showed the smash. Infact, I've never laughed so loud at 10am in the morning before.

Lowndes deserved that victory. Well done to him and Jamie :D

Such an emotional event.

And safety cars! My gosh!!
Crazy people.
Channel 10 better be happy that Bathurst delayed their precious news :p

Thoroughly enjoyed the race :D

Oh and Courtney is a future v8 supercar champion.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I still can't stop laughing at Skaife.

And I'm still also laughing at HSV Dealer Team. Tander would have been better to drive with Dangerous Rick (Although amazing he managed not to hit anything today).

Tanders championship went goodbye
:D

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Cape, don't forget that HRT's tactics were the very same as those used by Triple Eight: stick your best drivers in one car, especially if they're championship contenders. It's high risk but high reward because if it goes pear shaped you lose everything but if you do well, the results are worth it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Mind you, even if Perkins Jnr. hadn't have hit Skaife, the man would be in trouble all day long. Fixing the clutch would take a lot of time and that would put them down a few laps and after that they'd only recover after a supreme effort just to finish and a rare driver error from Jim Richards dusted HRT's chances. Anyone else notice that Jason Richards not only jumped over the entire track, but cleared the grassy verge on the other side of the Chase?

It hasn't been a good week for accidents; one of the two Development drivers is now breathing on his own but there's been little in the way of improvement for the other and now Paul Radisich has been hospitalised (though I think it was wrong to give Nathan Pretty that drive-through as Radisich was in his blind spot and there was nothing Pretty could have done).

I've also noticed there's a lot of bad sports about (not sure who was booing who when the Kellys mounted the podium); a lot of Holden fans I know were up in arms saying Ford never should have won because Brocky was a Holden driver and therefore it was Holden's right to occupy all thre eplaces of the podium, ignoring that Lowndes was Brock's friend and protege or writing him off as a traitor. I think that if Brock were alive, he'd be disgusted at their attitude; I know I would be.

I think that the award for Passing Move of the Year should go to Lowndes for taking Davidson like that out of Brock's Skyline. That' not a place you pass anyone without a copious splash of audacity and a pair of very large cojones ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HRT split their regular drivers up with HSV. Toddler and Skaife should have driven together and Rick and Tander should have driven together.
The 2 dnf's suffered by Tander in Sandown and Bathurst has damaged his championship chances. You know that you cannot even afford 1 dnf in this championship, especially with the way the points system is structured.

Like cromley said, Richards beat Murphs fly through the kitty litter in Shanghai. It was pretty cool though, luckily it didn't roll over.
And the Rat was very lucky to come away from that crash, with everything pointing in the right direction. I understand that he just went to hospital just to make sure everything is fine.

Some of the moves by Lowndes today, I was chewing my nails and nearly having a heart attack. Very stressful race, maybe it was good we had so many safety cars.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Actually, you can afford a DNF because after Bathurst, you drop your worst round. Which is a bit silly really.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yes, 1 dnf and one only.

Tander has suffered 2. Oh wait, I looked on the v8 supercar website, Tander was a classified finisher in Sandown. 70 points.

Tander drops 0 points at Bathurst
Rick drops 234 from new zealand
Lowndes drops 160 from Adelaide.

I can't be bothered figuring out the adjusted points. I'll wait for someone else to do that.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
The adjusted points means Lowndes has a bigger lead over Kelly. I'm guessing the concept was introduced so that the championship would become closer in the later races because the consistent finishers - those at the top of the table - would lose more points than those behind them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)