uws tooooo UNSW (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
for a course of uai 85, and someone getting a uai of 65, would a credit average be enough??

or do unsw even take uws applicants...

thanks

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
(65+88(5GPA))/2 = 75.

I very much doubt it. You'd need something around a distinction average.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
theres no reason why unsw cant take uws, provided you get the marks needed to get into a course
im assuming you want to get into unsw for engineering...i think theyre usually flexible with their cut offs, and being a non-recent school leaver, the nrsl index could be lower than the official cut off mark, but dont take my word for it

me thinks that you probably need a high credit-distinction average to get in
if you cant get into unsw, then think about applying UTS as well
their cutoffs are relatively lower, but their engineering courses are very well structured.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
coool...i like uts for the 2 period- 6month internship, thanks ppl

thomas_hb

HSC
I transferred from Arts at UWS with an '05 UAI of 67.3 into Arts/Education at USyd which had an 06 cut off of ~83.5. My GPA was 5.5.

My friend was doing Comms at UWS and had a 05 UAI of 70. Transferred to UTS Comms degree with GPA of 5.5.

This seems to be a safe bet - when I was putting my application in, I tried to elicit a prediction from the USYD admissions office. The wouldn't give a definitive answer. I'm sure if I had a pass-average they'd have told me to give up and if I had an HD average they'd have been enthusiastic. My Credit/Distinction average was sufficient, but obviously they weren't totally convinced.

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
yeah, I think the algorithm would be if your GPA performance greatly exceed UAI then only GPA count, else they look at the combine mark of UAI and GPA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)