UWS parties (1 Viewer)

danieljarvis

HSC
im either retarted or .. i duno, but i cant find any info on O week parties at UWS.. or for any events at all that could involve alcohol ... WHY? specifically penrith.. but blah, i thought there'd be something to do for start of year?

L

LaraB

that is not what O-Week is for..

if you feel a need to get trashed wait until the other idiots start the pub crawls again..

o -week is designed to introduce you to the uni and the people and the clubs and the services in the context of the uni - its not meant to be just some big p arty.. there's stuff later in the year for that once you actually have a clue about what you're doing at the uni... if you wanna drink just go to the bar in your break

L

LaraB

natstar said:
In the first week of classes last year my campus had things like a dance party with booze promos (I did a lot of shameful things that nigh) , an international food lunch, a jumping castle, stalls, showbags etc. Its run by UWSConnect though, not the uni or the UWSSA. Perhaps you could contact JonathonA as he is a member of UWSConnect, and maybe he could give you some details. All campuses have different things btw
im assuming though, blacktown has the whole big party thing since you guys have lots of international students and people living on campus and stuff...
parra definitely doesn't or at least didn't.. all the o-week stuff at parra happens like, on campus during the day and from what friends said penrith was pretty much the same...

so that leaves campbelltown and bankstown...

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Natstar said:
Even if your campus does not have parties and such, there is the UWs cruise (which I'm assuming is running again this year cuz it has the following 2 years). Thats a lot of fun, unlimited booze!!!!!, and its all campuses combined and you cruise around the harbour....
UWSConnect runs a lot of events through the semester. Last year we had the Drink the pub dry, and I also here Penrith campus had good parties on thursdays at the Swamp bar too.
Sounds good. :)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yeah blacktown sounds like the best campus

bankstown is allright it has nice food there i always had the cheese crossoint and a hot choclate every morning and if your bored you can just catch a bus to bankstown square, that place is great for shopping but this old guy propositioned me there and tried to get me to go into the toilets with him.

penrith campuses are SHIT

werro south has the cottage which is shit anyway and only has one pool table and then it has NOTHING else

then kingswood campus has swamp bar which is a very small bar but has an allright outside area, but then the building is surrounded by annoying hippies sitting on the grass playing the guitar and spray painting 'gay rights LOL' and 'no more VSU' on the walls

and neither penrith campus has those yummy crossoints

meanwhile blacktown has a pool :(

L

LaraB

natstar said:
All campuses except for Parra have on campus accom and a large proportion of international students, its just that its only really the international students and the on campus kids that go to the lat night parties becuase they dont end to 1am, and by then trains have finished, and due to the distance that Quakers Hill is, its kinda hard for people to get home...

Even if your campus does not have parties and such, there is the UWs cruise (which I'm assuming is running again this year cuz it has the following 2 years). Thats a lot of fun, unlimited booze!!!!!, and its all campuses combined and you cruise around the harbour....
UWSConnect runs a lot of events through the semester. Last year we had the Drink the pub dry, and I also here Penrith campus had good parties on thursdays at the Swamp bar too.
thta's what i was saying...

there aren't those huge functions at o-week coz new students won't have been to able to sign up/pay for them which is why O-Week isn't intended for all that stuff..

they happen later in the year...

L

LaraB

hiphophooray123 said:
no one ever mentions it so it must be shit
didn't you leave uws or something?

coz if you did just shut up... no one cares about comments like that.

In response to the initial post - it isn't mentioned much in here because not many of us go there - it seems a lot of the people who'll be at campbelltown are 1st years so naturally don't know enough to say.

It's a nice campus, heapsa social stuff - they seem to have more stuf fon a daily basis than the other campuses, it looks heaps tinier coz of the way the buildings are set up but it's not really. Only thing is if you don't live out that way say, you live anywhere from parramatta onwards in the opposite direction -it's a real bitch to get there coz it takes so long...

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
natstar said:
Not many regular people on this forum goes to Campbelltown, so not much does get said about it. In my opinion though, its the most physically attractive campus out of the 6.
oh well i already made a few friends from there soo i hope it wont be that boring from the start =D

L

LaraB

spank_meh said:
oh well i already made a few friends from there soo i hope it wont be that boring from the start =D
believe me - there's plenty to do to prevent boredom at campbelltown lol... the few times i've been there i was advanced upon by countless social group coordinators with flyers and info and sausage sizzles lol...

they seem to have a more active group of student reps in all those kinds of things than elsewhere.. otehr campuses have a mroe active student body in more of the academic related stuff

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
LaraB said:
believe me - there's plenty to do to prevent boredom at campbelltown lol... the few times i've been there i was advanced upon by countless social group coordinators with flyers and info and sausage sizzles lol...

they seem to have a more active group of student reps in all those kinds of things than elsewhere.. otehr campuses have a mroe active student body in more of the academic related stuff
isnt that just awesome lol thnx for saying that that will definetly keep me in a better mood wooo:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)