uws med (1 Viewer)

rusty_rouge

HSC
ahh, I know you now katy! Haha, I was so excited to find another Katy, and someone pointed you out to me :).

Prashanthy, where the hell have you been girl? You keep disappearing after PBL, you're like a ghost!

I feel like chocolate...

sladehk

le random
HSC
i think i know you guys but i dunno i was asleep half the time =.=

bmwz4

HSC
i want to get into uws medicine...give mee advice please? what can i do to increase my chances

sladehk

le random
HSC
rusty_rouge said:
ahh, I know you now katy! Haha, I was so excited to find another Katy, and someone pointed you out to me :).

Prashanthy, where the hell have you been girl? You keep disappearing after PBL, you're like a ghost!

I feel like chocolate...
im ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
are there any older people within the course? say 22, 23+?

ChantelleG

HSC
N/A
hey - if you want to get into medicine, you need
- 95 uai (or 93 if you met the regional requirement)
- sit umat (register now)
- and if you get a good uai/umat score you will be invited to sit an interview
- there is a registration form that you also need to complete and this can be downloaded

everything you need to know is available here http://www.uws.edu.au/about/acadorg/schools/medicine/courses

RET cannot be used for medicine

hope the info helps

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
We have people that have been working in Law and have babies and stuff =P
I was under the impression that people who have already graduated with a previous degree are predominantly considered only in the graduate (GAMSAT) medical courses?

rusty_rouge

HSC
Nah, they sit the umat, but their GPA is taken into account as well. We have people up to 40 years of age, it's a very mixed bunch of people.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
bmwz4 said:
i want to get into uws medicine...give mee advice please? what can i do to increase my chances
Me too.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
ChantelleG said:
hey - if you want to get into medicine, you need
- 95 uai (or 93 if you met the regional requirement)
- sit umat (register now)
- and if you get a good uai/umat score you will be invited to sit an interview
- there is a registration form that you also need to complete and this can be downloaded

everything you need to know is available here http://www.uws.edu.au/about/acadorg/schools/medicine/courses

RET cannot be used for medicine

hope the info helps
Thanks, so what kind of UMAT scores am i looking for?

andykillz

HSC
I'm also interested in getting into UWS Medicine. What is the UMAT score needed? If you get a high UAI would the UMAT score required decrease?
Also that western region thing. Does it only apply to medicine or all other courses?

aussiechica7

HSC
nicely put chantelle... :D
also, the uai is a cutoff so it doesn't matter if u get 95 or 100... it's the same thing. it doesn't change based on umat score.
the umat depends on the competition. i think people got interviews with like 170s+ last year but i can't remember.
if your umat is high enough, you get an interview.
the umat counts for 25% of your final score and the interview 75%.

ftvparties

HSC
hey i was thinking bout doing med at uws as well, how difficult is the umat? and what questions do they ask in the interview. in regards to admission, how does it work for ppl enrolled in current degrees totally not related to medicine, eg business or law, are they accepted or is it based on uai plus gpa and umat?

how, this may seem silly, but how difficult is the medicine course honestly for those doing it? does it vary from uni to uni, would ppl with uai under 90 struggle with it? eg is it similar to business where u can fake ur way, what are the chances of those with non medical backgrounds or study in making it

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
ftvparties said:
hey i was thinking bout doing med at uws as well, how difficult is the umat? and what questions do they ask in the interview. in regards to admission, how does it work for ppl enrolled in current degrees totally not related to medicine, eg business or law, are they accepted or is it based on uai plus gpa and umat?

how, this may seem silly, but how difficult is the medicine course honestly for those doing it? does it vary from uni to uni, would ppl with uai under 90 struggle with it? eg is it similar to business where u can fake ur way, what are the chances of those with non medical backgrounds or study in making it
I don't think people at UWS Med who only have one semester under their belt could give much insight in to the difficulty of the course at this time and its variance to that of other unis.:p
Based on the nature of the course and what I've heard the UAI won't always reflect the students ability within a course. E.g. An excellent science student whose UAI was low for not doing as well in history, maths etc, for example, may do better than a 4U Maths/English student who got an excellent UAI without having a clue on how to grasp scientific concepts. However, the main point is that someone with a UAI below 90 wouldn't have much of a chance getting in as the formulation of an entry index based on a uai under 90 and GPA selection rank wouldn't meet the minimum UAI requirement.

What do you mean by "is it similar to business where u can fake ur way"? You can't fake your way through complex economic analysis and finance calculations just as I doubt you can fake your way through a medical course.

You're at no real disadvantage in entering the course without a scientific background and for graduate entry into the course (if it is available) or NRSL entry the completed degree or degree currently being studied does not have to be relevant to medicine.

sladehk

le random
HSC
ari89 said:
I don't think people at UWS Med who only have one semester under their belt could give much insight in to the difficulty of the course at this time and its variance to that of other unis.:p
Based on the nature of the course and what I've heard the UAI won't always reflect the students ability within a course. E.g. An excellent science student whose UAI was low for not doing as well in history, maths etc, for example, may do better than a 4U Maths/English student who got an excellent UAI without having a clue on how to grasp scientific concepts. However, the main point is that someone with a UAI below 90 wouldn't have much of a chance getting in as the formulation of an entry index based on a uai under 90 and GPA selection rank wouldn't meet the minimum UAI requirement.

What do you mean by "is it similar to business where u can fake ur way"? You can't fake your way through complex economic analysis and finance calculations just as I doubt you can fake your way through a medical course.

You're at no real disadvantage in entering the course without a scientific background and for graduate entry into the course (if it is available) or NRSL entry the completed degree or degree currently being studied does not have to be relevant to medicine.
well it is.. pretty difficult but you have to be prepared to do the work i guess

skip89

HSC
The UMAT counts for one third and your interview score counts for two thirds of your final score once you're over the threshold UAI of 95 (93 for GWS residents)

redshoes

HSC
Hey guys

I am currently studying Medical science in Campbelltown. I was just wondering what UMAT SCORE would I need to apply as an undergrad into MEDICINE UWS with a GPA OF LETS say 4!...:(

if any one has info on tht would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)