UWS: Flying to hell or heaven???? (2 Viewers)

UWs or Macquarie Uni?

• University of Western Sydney

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Macquarie University

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Sounds like a top bloke that's proved himself worthy of entry into the Law program to the uni by completing a TAFE course to make up for whatever held him back in school.
Or, UWS is a university that is degrading the prestigiousness of its law degrees by putting people like that into them. Nothing against the guy, but I really don't think someone should be able to jump straight from TAFE to a Law degree proper at university especially when there are those who got like say... 99.15 but just missed out on the cut-off at some other university.

My opinion of course.

inb4shitstorm

UWS would suit him more.

shadowdude, how can you be such a snob about uni's
How can you be such a snob about miscegenation?

Stop that

Seriously? You're basing your prejudice against UWS on what a few people have said on some stupid Facebook page?
Come on.

^This.
And no one seems to realise that most of my friends go to UWS... *sigh*

But hey, I guess you guys are bored and need to attack someone, to exercise your keyboard warrior skills? Like when I didn't support 'marriage' being the term for homosexual couplings in the gay marriage thread - oh it was big outrage! But when Graney or whoever says the same thing five pages later, oh no - we can't attack him and his views.

hahaha fuck you shadowdude you are the worst asian out i am better than u in almost every aspect of the word (fully sik leb here ok cunt)
ok

MysteryGenius

HSC
Or, UWS is a university that is degrading the prestigiousness of its law degrees by putting people like that into them. Nothing against the guy, but I really don't think someone should be able to jump straight from TAFE to a Law degree proper at university especially when there are those who got like say... 99.15 but just missed out on the cut-off at some other university.

My opinion of course.
OR, UWS is a university that offers people the opportunity to further their education and actually do something with their life.

Who are you to say who does and doesn't deserve to be educated?
Do you even know how hard this guy must have worked for it?

And no one seems to realise that most of my friends go to UWS... *sigh*
Oh ok, I didn't realise we were supposed to know absolutely everything about you and the people you know -.- Not that this new information changes anything.

But hey, I guess you guys are bored and need to attack someone, to exercise your keyboard warrior skills? Like when I didn't support 'marriage' being the term for homosexual couplings in the gay marriage thread - oh it was big outrage! But when Graney or whoever says the same thing five pages later, oh no - we can't attack him and his views.
No.
If you had a legitimate and well-informed reason for this prejudice then I probably wouldn't care enough to comment, but you clearly don't.

To be completely honest, I see no logic in shunning UWS or its students. Education is fucking education regardless of which university you attend and if anything, you should be satisfied with the thought of these people making the effort to better themselves, the lives of those around them, and the community.These people may not have had the same opportunities as you, or they probably didn't thrive in the high school environment for whatever reason, so why should they be denied the right to an education?

muhahahahahaha

HSC
True, but have you seen some of the people doing their degrees? See: Only at UWS Facebook page.

Lebs with like.. 65 ATAR are doing their 'fully sik' law degrees. Law degrees? 65 ATAR? Really? Really?
wow shadowdude wow.....for someone who goes to UNSW..i thought youd have some more decency than that + some more common sense!
firstly, please dont bag out uws.without giving proper reasons for bagging it out. UWS is a good university in terms of education. In both the law and comm degree, there are excellent lecturers and tutors. Some have taught at USYD and UNSW and some even in other universities around the world.
Please dont post your shit about another university like that.
Secondly, I got into a comm/law degree and i am not some stupid 'fully sik' lebo who got 65 for their ATAR. I studied really hard in the HSC and my marks were pretty good. For the ATAR...its not 65 you dumbfuck. You need a 91 or something to get in. Sure you get 10 extra bonus points for some things like living in greater western sydney or some subject choices, but please dont go spreading around your false crap and bagging out the law degree like that.
WOW....facebook? really? shallow people like you that love going on to see people bagging out universities. WOW!
Mate, make a valid argument or dont make one at all.

LonelyWolf

HSC
shadow only feels the need to bag out UWS because he is able to assert some form of dominance he feels, because UNSW holds some unknown superiorty over UWS and other uni's. UNSW and the course he is doing are decent and required a reasonable atar, through his attainment of such he clings to it as the rest of his life, compared to many others, is poor in substance and well...its shit

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
OR, UWS is a university that offers people the opportunity to further their education and actually do something with their life.

Who are you to say who does and doesn't deserve to be educated?
Do you even know how hard this guy must have worked for it?

Oh ok, I didn't realise we were supposed to know absolutely everything about you and the people you know -.- Not that this new information changes anything.

No.
If you had a legitimate and well-informed reason for this prejudice then I probably wouldn't care enough to comment, but you clearly don't.

To be completely honest, I see no logic in shunning UWS or its students. Education is fucking education regardless of which university you attend and if anything, you should be satisfied with the thought of these people making the effort to better themselves, the lives of those around them, and the community.These people may not have had the same opportunities as you, or they probably didn't thrive in the high school environment for whatever reason, so why should they be denied the right to an education?
1. That's true, you could see it that way and in the end - we're going to have to agree to disagree.
2. As I said, I'm not hating on the guy - I'm questioning the university. Then again, we're probably going to end up agreeing to disagree - and I can take home the solace that if he truly is as acdemically unfit as he seems to be with his 65-75 ATAR, he won't survive and will probably be kicked out of the degree stream anyway.
3. I was saying that if you're going to take the "You hate everyone at UWS and everything at UWS", you can't - because my school friends go there.
4. Still doesn't explain why the other guy who voiced the same views wasn't flamed to oblivion in the other thread. I still maintain several people on this forum filter my posts through some sort of hate filter.

Education is education, sure. I'll agree with that. Yes, I'll agree that it's great that that guy who got 75 ATAR got into his dream course and yada yada yada. But I just think that UWS is really shooting itself in the foot if they're being so lax to their admission procedures - especially in degrees like Law where prestige is apparently a big factor.

I just think that if UWS was a bit more stringent in its admissions, we'd stop mocking it so much. Right now, UWS has this stereotype which isn't helping its reputation among students... there was a reason why last year, there were threads and posts about why we should work hard in the HSC or else we'd get into UWS.

The irony is that my beloved GUG apparently rates UWS higher than Sydney. =P

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lol shadowdude is so snobby. I have heard that the teaching in UWS is actually pretty good. But with cut-offs that low there are always going to be lots of dropkicks.

OP: all unis are hell and it is easier to get into UWS for domestic students so I imagine it would be the same for internationals as well

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Shadowdude, you bagged out the university...completely!!! and now youre trying to make yourself look like you didnt mean to do it...that you had written it in such a way that made us all misinterpret it. Mate....its a pathetic attempt. Your hating is just horrible. Some people try really hard to turn their lives around and to follow their ambitions. Theres nothing wrong with that.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
wow shadowdude wow.....for someone who goes to UNSW..i thought youd have some more decency than that + some more common sense!
firstly, please dont bag out uws.without giving proper reasons for bagging it out. UWS is a good university in terms of education. In both the law and comm degree, there are excellent lecturers and tutors. Some have taught at USYD and UNSW and some even in other universities around the world.
Please dont post your shit about another university like that.
Secondly, I got into a comm/law degree and i am not some stupid 'fully sik' lebo who got 65 for their ATAR. I studied really hard in the HSC and my marks were pretty good. For the ATAR...its not 65 you dumbfuck. You need a 91 or something to get in. Sure you get 10 extra bonus points for some things like living in greater western sydney or some subject choices, but please dont go spreading around your false crap and bagging out the law degree like that.
WOW....facebook? really? shallow people like you that love going on to see people bagging out universities. WOW!
Mate, make a valid argument or dont make one at all.
m8, i'm regurgitating the info i got and if its wrong - then blame the source and not me

Also, the situation involved a person who got like 65 to 75 ATAR who went to TAFE and got some law-related qualification and then got into UWS. So don't give me that "lol u so stupid shadow, 65 + 15 bonus points = 80 < 91!!!!!" because that's not my point. Please re-read my post before you start going off on tangents and pushing my post through the hate filter you have there.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol shadowdude is so snobby. I have heard that the teaching in UWS is actually pretty good. But with cut-offs that low there are always going to be lots of dropkicks.

OP: all unis are hell and it is easier to get into UWS for domestic students so I imagine it would be the same for internationals as well
Not snobby, elitist kaz. Elitist.

And re-read what I said about the GUG about UWS > Sydney.

Shadowdude, you bagged out the university...completely!!! and now youre trying to make yourself look like you didnt mean to do it...that you had written it in such a way that made us all misinterpret it. Mate....its a pathetic attempt. Your hating is just horrible. Some people try really hard to turn their lives around and to follow their ambitions. Theres nothing wrong with that.
And yet again you 100% miss the point of my post. Good work.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Shadow, I need to ask you a serious question. Are you retarded? No really, i'm actually curious to know.

You're bagging out a guy that you don't even know, and bagging out every UWS student in the process.
The bloke in question, who went to tafe first. Sure, maybe he didn't go well in high school, perhaps he had some distressing issues. But seeing as how he went to tafe, and is now in a degree at a university, doesn't that show you that he's trying to better himself? That he is trying to do something with his life?
You think he'll drop out because his ATAR wasn't high enough? What the fuck is wrong with you?
He made a mistake in the past, now he's doing something about it.

Stop being a pretentious cunt, and get over yourself.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Shadow..you said....the law degree has like lebos who are 'fully sik' and are able to get into a law degree with 65 for their ATARs...CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.
nothing wrong with going to TAFE and then going to university. He's a champ for following his dream and working hard for it. Screw you and your GUG.
Why dont you re read the entire thread? because obviously you have no fucking idea what you are on about. Youve dissed so many people and honestly, a lot of us studied really hard for the HSC but unfortunately were not able to get our 90 somethings...I got an 85.05...im not some fully sik lebo cunt. I try hard at university and im able to maintain a distinction in my subjects, please stop being a fag.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Shadow, I need to ask you a serious question. Are you retarded? No really, i'm actually curious to know.

You're bagging out a guy that you don't even know, and bagging out every UWS student in the process.
The bloke in question, who went to tafe first. Sure, maybe he didn't go well in high school, perhaps he had some distressing issues. But seeing as how he went to tafe, and is now in a degree at a university, doesn't that show you that he's trying to better himself? That he is trying to do something with his life?
You think he'll drop out because his ATAR wasn't high enough? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Stopped reading after: "You're bagging out a guy that you don't even know".

My response: "And yet".

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Shadow..you said....the law degree has like lebos who are 'fully sik' and are able to get into a law degree with 65 for their ATARs...CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.
nothing wrong with going to TAFE and then going to university. He's a champ for following his dream and working hard for it. Screw you and your GUG.
Why dont you re read the entire thread? because obviously you have no fucking idea what you are on about. Youve dissed so many people and honestly, a lot of us studied really hard for the HSC but unfortunately were not able to get our 90 somethings...I got an 85.05...im not some fully sik lebo cunt. I try hard at university and im able to maintain a distinction in my subjects, please stop being a fag.
1. I said that, well, apparently there is one in the course.
2. There is nothing wrong with going to TAFE then to university, heck one of my best friends is transferring from TAFE to UWS to do Graphic Design. But did I ever say anything wrong about that? No, you're imagining things. I'm saying the university should be a bit more stringent with its admission procedures because if someone can just go to TAFE, get a piece of paper and then march into a Law degree - I don't think that's very fair. Now if someone could perhaps give me some info about TAFE courses that can get you into Law and show me the relevancy and all that, then I'll gladly change my opinion. But as I see it, a guy can just get 52 ATAR, go into TAFE, get a qualification from there and then march into Law when there are others who won't get that opportunity.
3. Why don't you re-read the entire thread without your little Shadowdude hate filter?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
kaz, if that's true - then I think UNSW's admissions procedures for Law might be a bit on the lax side as well. But that's very vague information you gave.

onur91

HSC
N/A

Like every other thing written in this thread? Not surprised, kid.
Answer this, what traumatic experience have you faced, that has resulted in your current state?

Thrown against a wall by a parent during infancy?
or were you forced to play 'hide the sausage' with Uncle Badtouch?

I'm guessing both.

In conclusion, go fuck yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)