UWS (Advanced Business Leadership) VS Macquarie VS USYD (1 Viewer)

coolkid96

HSC
Hi guys,

What course would have the best job opportunities for finance/banking industry. The more advanced UWS course or just a basic commerce course at Macquarie or USYD? I know Macquarie and USYD have a better name but does that really matter when you apply for jobs or is it just wank? Is the UWS advanced business leadership course any different to the basic course? the atar for that is much lower, around 65.

UWS Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership) ATAR 92

Macquarie Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Finance ATAR 82.60

USYD
Bachelor of Commerce ATAR 94.05

any thoughts? UWS is the closest to me and i can drive, whereas the other two i would have to catch public transport....

Thanks

converge

HSC
N/A
From what I've heard, the difference between Advanced Bus. Leadership and the basic course is the third year subjects. Advanced Bus. Leadership is a tough course, you need to maintain a GPA of 5 otherwise you will be transferred into the basic course. In saying that, if you did have a choice between the three unis, I would go with what runnable said.

Dylanamali

HSC
Usyd >>>>>>>>>>> UWS (if you get the 20k scholarship) >> Macq.

Usyd >>>>>>>>>>>Macq>>UWS if no scholarship.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I got to USyd even though I live near UWS campbelltown campus (10 minutes away. I drive past it to get to the station every day) and UWS would've given me a $5k/y scholarship. But in the end I enjoy the lifestyle at USyd and the city, and if you have extracurriculars and get 95+ ATAR and apply for the high achievers (or whatever) scholarship you get $6k/y.

Dylanamali

HSC
I got to USyd even though I live near UWS campbelltown campus (10 minutes away. I drive past it to get to the station every day) and UWS would've given me a $5k/y scholarship. But in the end I enjoy the lifestyle at USyd and the city, and if you have extracurriculars and get 95+ ATAR and apply for the high achievers (or whatever) scholarship you get $6k/y.
fuarkkk 6k/year?
must be competitive to get but?

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
Given the option i bet a majority of UWS would rather choose to do their degrees at said unis.
But once that become established at UWS they probably wouldn't be bother

And especially for finance/banking jobs reputation and marks are key

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
fuarkkk 6k/year? must be competitive to get but?
yeah i guess, my friend got ~99.8 and got it, but like, if you want to beat maths/comm people for jobs you need to have lots of extracurrics anyways.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
A lot of people get deterred from doing the ABL at UWS because of the relatively high GPA that they have to maintain. Please dont let this freak you out. A GPA of 5 is a credit average and to be honest, it isnt very hard to maintain in the commerce degree IF YOU ENJOY IT!
I know a lot of my friends at uni who do it who got like 4 or 4.75 or whatever and they were absolutely devo. They got bad marks because they hated everything related to commerce.

There have been multiple discussions on the forum relating to whether or not UWS is a university of lower grade. The teaching there is fantastic. However, I know that the reputation of USyd is fantastic. If you can get into USyd, then I say go for USyd.
Macq also has an excellent commerce school.

so Usyd>>Macq>>UWS
If you were to get a scholarship, I would say
UWS>>Usyd>>Macq.

coolkid96

HSC
Thanks for all the information everyone, i have figured out i will aim for USYD and use Macq if i don't get in. If i don't get into either, i will then apply for UWS.

is a roflcopter
HSC
good choice sir

you should consider

UNSW/USYD ---> UTS/MACQ ----> others

going to UWS because of a scholarship is shortsighted advice. the opportunity costs are infinite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)