Uts vs usyd (1 Viewer)

omar_merei

HSC
Uts vs usyd

Anyone been to UTS and then transferred to USYD? or the other way around ?

If so, please tell me how did you like 'the uni you liked more' over 'the uni you didn't like as much'.

For example 'how do you compare their teaching'. (not just how hard it is but the quality and importance of what they're teaching)

'how difficult is it to find your way around help centers and stuff like that as well as admin and enrollment issues '(especially since its a big uni).

I sort of believe that USYD is much stronger in theory and for that reason I think I should go to USYD and stop wasting my time at UTS. UTS claims its strong in practical learning which I see isn't a big deal. You have your whole career to gain practical skills.

UAC ENROLLMENT CLOSES IN 3 DAYS SO ANY ADVICE IS HUGELY APPRECIATED.

oh and what are my chances of being accepted. I'm sitting on a credit average. 69.5 finished 2nd year at UTS and umm also how likely am i to be exempted a total of 2 years​

Ekirra

HSC
What made you rule out UNSW? Doesn't everyone say they're the best when it comes to engineering?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
UTS combines theory with MANDATORY practical exp. Employers will look for practical experience when you apply for jobs. Not having any under your belt may make it much more difficult to secure a job. Usyd Is purely theory and work exp is up to yourself to organise. When you go for an interview, if all applicants have the same degree, the same traits, except one has work exp and the other doesn't, obviously the employer is going to pick the ones with work exp.

Last edited:

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Uni vs Uni threads are lulzworthy, eventually someone gets butthurt.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
USYD and UNSW are bitches in regards to transferring credits. I reckon you should stay at UTS cause you would probably have to redo a lot of courses there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)