UTS transfers (1 Viewer)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmmm ... well im interested in a couple of things ... but is it hard to transfer between faculties ... as in ... cud i transfer internally from engineering faculty to say IT or business ?? or wud it have to go through UAC ? can ne one give me some idea of how the whole system works... ta :eek:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Which course would you like to do? I mean if you really want to do either IT or Business then try to find a related course in that area with a lower UAI, such as BMathComp or BMathFinance. Both of them are owned by the science faculty now though.

If you have good marks then transferring via UAC is fine. They still treat it as an internal course transfer (since you have to submit a personal statement as well), so they will see that you're already at UTS.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
ahhh id prolli like to do B Bus/ B comp ... but my uai isnt That close to it ... so if i got into b math/ b comp ... how hard wud it be to transfer ?? considering the lower uai ... i'd have to get pretty damn good marks eh ..

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If you can manage a Distinction average (with no fails) then it shouldn't be very hard. A high Credit average is OK as well. A distinction is 75 and a credit is 65.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If you're good at maths its not too hard to get good marks, so I've heard. My friend managed to get HDs for the first 2 maths subjects, but he did Ext 2 maths in Year 12 and he's pretty good at maths :p.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
ahhh well i have no hope ... eep, i only did 2u maths ... and to give u an idea of things, i was attempting to teach myself 3 of the topics 2 days b4 the hsc exam that i had never looked at :rolleyes: so yeah. :p

QuaCk

If I made it into B Mathematics and Finance and scored a high credit average... would i be able to transfer to B Business?

Are the core subjects similar? or would i have to take on extra subjects for the transfer?

IamtheWalrus

HSC
N/A
I got an internal transfer from the Law faculty to the DAB faculty. It wasn't that hard - fill out a few forms, write an essay about how great you are (actually it was a bit tricky as I had a Pass average). But I understand Internal Transfers have been killed off by the Howard govt. and replaced by evil UAC, which means you'll have to compete with HSC students.

white_child

so in other words.. the chances of transferring are relatively slim.. i mean if an outside body was involved to judge whether a student was to get into a course, they would have no loyalty to the student, as they have no ties with uts.. am i right?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
It's not too hard to transfer if you have good marks. Internal course transfers still exist between some faculties, however most of them you will have to go via UAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)