• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UTS the 5th major uni to increase fees by 25% (1 Viewer)

karnevil

HSC
if only i'd gotten 3.1 more UAI points, i wouldnt have to go through all of this

I guess it's always good to be a bit hungry though.... sigh

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Yes, that is correct. If you are succesfully transferred into a course next semester you won't be considered starting it next year, and won't incur the new HECS. :D

Related to this, Rod Buckney (the course director for B Sci/BA IntStuds) called me on Friday to ask if I'd spoken to the Institute about taking a Japan major. He said that it's so popular they may not have places...

I say anyone going for a popular country like Japan should go in and talk to them about it. If Japan isn't available now, you may still be able to go in with a different country and change before the subjects commence next year. Just make sure you've got the Institute's OK, otherwise your application may be rejected and you'll have to apply again later (HECS).
lets all hope i can transfer

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I've just seen the UAC site...

Now I'm even more troubled. It is quite possible that if I apply I may be offered a place in either USyd or UNSW Science... But I'm not sure I want to move yet. Dilemma!

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
NONONO!

Apply for it NOW. That's what I've done, the Institute said if I apply and get the transfer at the end of this semester I won't get any HECS increase! You should do it too.
i thought u liked the course Lexi?

santaslayer

HSC
I've just seen the UAC site...

Now I'm even more troubled. It is quite possible that if I apply I may be offered a place in either USyd or UNSW Science... But I'm not sure I want to move yet. Dilemma!
Why are you troubled.?...don't you want to ultimately do scxience/med course?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by lil_star
i thought u liked the course Lexi?
I like the course NOW, but now it's just the subjects everyone in the physics/chemistry stream has to do. Later Applied Physics will be BAD BAD BAD. I'm already having trouble with the maths, what more next year...
Originally posted by santaslayer
Why are you troubled.?...don't you want to ultimately do scxience/med course?
Medicine and/or Law (yes that is an and/or) for which Science is the natural bridge (for medicine at least) since I would die in Arts. However, if I don't get one of the above next year I'll stick to International Studies and pick one for Graduate Entry. The dilemma is where I should go for my B Science. UTS is a great uni, with cool people, easy to reach campus and respectable facilities. Despite that, something about the other two draws me. It's nothing to do with the sandstone, it's more that everyone I've known for more than two months is in one of the two - not to mention the greater subject variety and superior campi. Still HECS and marks...

santaslayer

HSC
Go to UNSW!!!!! (Just my preference/opinion, aside from UOW :p)
HECS I Don't think would be a concern as much. Yes, the killer HECS fees is a bitch, but you would like to believe upon your graduation, you would be earning a decent income to help pay off your debt. (or you could always get outta the country and never come back :p)
The only thing in your way is marks :p :p :p

Good Luck :)

E

Exponential Log

Bautista - you are really that confident about the marks you are getting right now in applied physics to think you're eligible for a transfer?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I was confident last week, when I was averaging Distinctions and High Distinctions in all subjects but Maths. This week my average dove to high Credit range, which makes me a bit doubtful.

However, I am quite well informed regarding the different performance levels required for my various transfer options. For Science at UNSW and USyd, as well as Science/International Studies at UTS, I am performing well above requirements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)