UTS social scene.. (1 Viewer)

ph04

I've heard that the social side of things at UTS isn't that great...how often do they have dance parties etc? Or do ppl just go elsewhere in the city? Not that the social aspect comes before the degree or anything...I'm just curious.
Thanks

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
*sigh*

we don't really have a "social scene" if you want to put it that way.

If you're more of the party type and want sex, sydney uni. is up the road or any other uni for that matter.

We do have parties and stuff from time to time, but their not something that you would want to come to.. well from my perspective.

others can comment better i would imagine :p but that's how UTS has been for the year i've been here

white_child

why?

So why r the dance parties crap??? i mean people seem to be more grounded, and not as nerdy as uni of syd or nsw (no offense, but its true).. i'm quite shocked... no social life?? but that is suppose to b the highlight of uni. Like what i'm asking basically is, what could b improved?? i'm a current yr 12 hsc leaver hoping to get into dis uni, and i lyke partying.. LOL please reply

S

Shuter

white_child said:
So why r the dance parties crap??? i mean people seem to be more grounded, and not as nerdy as uni of syd or nsw
Because nerds go off when they're drunk and have freedom for the first time!

Panda Bear

HSC
white_child said:
So why r the dance parties crap??? i mean people seem to be more grounded, and not as nerdy as uni of syd or nsw (no offense, but its true).. i'm quite shocked... no social life?? but that is suppose to b the highlight of uni. Like what i'm asking basically is, what could b improved?? i'm a current yr 12 hsc leaver hoping to get into dis uni, and i lyke partying.. LOL please reply
rofl

good luck partying :cool:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I only went to one UTS party.... it was the commencement party last year and it was like all bollywood music.... it was fairly crappy.

Maybe if UTS had a proper bar/nightclub type thing at city the parties would be more popular with the students.... it's pretty dodgy how they just rope off the union centre.....

Panda Bear

HSC
no offence to indians...

but uts union parties ( i think that's what thier called) do tend to segregate the general population with the indians...

likewise... who can u blame. the head guy is indian

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
ok... i heard from an engineering student today that UTS sucks and is one big hang out.....now although that sounds pretty cool to me i really would like to study this year....she is currently in the process of transfering to escape UTS.......is it really that bad...or does the engineering faculty just suck

Last edited:

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Last years head was an indian guy...don't know abt this year's head. I heard from friends the thursday night parties always had some trouble..like fighting or something.

But I'm thinking, depending whos in uts union now the partying stuff would be different.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha Vikas, the one with only ONE photo...and it made him look like Big Brother (the Orwell kind, not the one from TV).

This year it's some white girl. Does that mean the parties will feature white girl music? :rolleyes:

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
hahah , that is like when i was invited by a friend of mine who happened to be asianto a dance party up in North Sydney i think it was .. Orient(maybe not , cannot remebmer clearly)???

anyway, i got there... full of asians!.. the music was asian as well it was like jay Chou or sometihng like that playing...

Also alot of people wernt actually dancing , so i had some kind of frozen jelly drink and left

The moral of this story is , always remember to wear pants

S

Shuter

Lexicographer said:
This year it's some white girl. Does that mean the parties will feature white girl music? :rolleyes:
Oh I can only dream, if it's pop hits from late 90's I'll be in heaven :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I don't think UTS social scene is that bad really... considering it is in the middle of the city it doesn't really need to have a huge "on campus" life because you make friends from your faculty and then when you have free time you venture in to the city/haymarket/broadway wherever......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)