UTS Insearch (1 Viewer)

sleepycat

Hi

can someone tell me about UTS Insearch please?? I am asking for my friend who is planning to leave high school this year without finishing her HSC. Whats the deal for UTS Insearch?? Does my friend need to attend UTS Insearch for 2 years instead of 1 because she didnt finish her HSC?? How much does it cost?? What is UTS Insearch anyway?? Is it similar to MacqU's SIBT??

Cheers^^ :D

sleepycat

I dont think my friend is eligible for any Insearch program at UTS, coz the min requirement is a UAI of 50 or higher and she just left Year 11 a week ago.. I guess shes gonna have heapz of problems now... It wasnt smart at all for her to listen to her peers about skipping Year 12 and pay to do Insearch.. Anyway, I phoned up today and the lady said they previously had a program where they take students who hasnt finished their HSC, but that program no longer exist.

Good luck in ur HSC~! I reckon Insearch is a bit expensive anyway...

I think she has two options atm:
1. return to Year 12
2. enrol into Foundation at UNSW
3. go to Tafe

I think SIBT requires the completion of the HSC right??

I hope everything will go smoothly for her...

Whats the best option to do a Bachelor degree that u want, but u dun have the UAI for it??

I reckon personally taking a similar bachelor degree then transfer in 2nd year is the cheapest and easiest option provided if ur UAI is fairly close to the course cut off (e.g. enrol into B Econ then transfer into B Com)

Last edited by a moderator:

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
i did Dip IT at insearch + got into 2nd year @ BScIT/DipITPP..

i think SIBT (http://www.sibt.nsw.edu.au/) needs hsc coz its similiar to insearch.. her uai needs to be 66+

foundation (http://www.ufy.unsw.edu.au) @ unsw is also similiar to SIBT + insearch..

it depends on what she really wants to do..

if she does tafe.. it'll take longer to transfer into uni coz tafe offers different levels of diplomas.. and more uni's want an advance diploma to get accepted.

she should've have stayed in school.. but it aint the end of the world

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
ur friend could do SIBT as it says that you only need to have completed yr11.. but she'll end up doing a certificate not a diploma.. and it costs ~ $11000

sleepycat

yea... she should stay in School for another year then life would be easier for her and her family..

I cant believe her parents actualli let her leave Yr11 without researching the min requirement for Insearch or the similar courses she wanted to do..

Seriously, HSC wasnt that bad compare to uni... man, uni semester final exams makes me feel like Im taking HSC semi annually, but harder... I wish Im still doing my HSC~! Those days were the best~!! In high school, u have to read a particular textbook for the whole yr, but in UNI, the textbooks are THICK & HEAVY (e.g Corp Act is like a Brick) and u need to read them for 1 semester only...

sleepycat

carrotz said:
ur friend could do SIBT as it says that you only need to have completed yr11.. but she'll end up doing a certificate not a diploma.. and it costs ~ $11000
so when she finish the cert, does she need to do a dip?? then a bachelor... GOD... this path will be soo expensive uh??
thanks for the research~!

Logistics

HSC
Take the cheap way. Attend TAFE do a Diploma there and go UNI then :)

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
aishiteiru said:
so when she finish the cert, does she need to do a dip?? then a bachelor... GOD... this path will be soo expensive uh??
thanks for the research~!
yeah coz uni wont accept ppl who are on certificates..

if she doesnt want to go back to school.. do tafe.. but tafe will take a few yrs to get into uni anyways..

the only quick way to uni is doing the pathway (eg: insearch-uts, sibt-mq, foundation-unsw) coz she gets 1 year excempted.. unlike tafe.. she might get a few subjects here + there excempted..

but yeah the best thing is too research her options asap coz deadlines for course will close

sleepycat

carrotz said:
yeah coz uni wont accept ppl who are on certificates..

if she doesnt want to go back to school.. do tafe.. but tafe will take a few yrs to get into uni anyways..

the only quick way to uni is doing the pathway (eg: insearch-uts, sibt-mq, foundation-unsw) coz she gets 1 year excempted.. unlike tafe.. she might get a few subjects here + there excempted..

but yeah the best thing is too research her options asap coz deadlines for course will close
I guess she is limited to a few choices atm... the easiest way is to go back to High school to complete her HSC.. But I think one of her reasons why she doesn't want to continue high school is coz most of the subjects that she studied in preliminary will probably not lead her to a high UAI even if she work realli really HARD in them, coz of the scaling and etc... (e.g. textile, hospitality, 2u maths etc... )

I dunno but I realli believe theres "no such thing as a free lunch"... If she leave school now, her education path would be heapz longer and i reckon it would be a waste of time. And as for a person who doesn't like to study, I think it would be a torture for her to spend a few yrs in TAFE. Also, keeping in mind that if she decide to go to TAFE, she need to achieve a D average or some level of decent marks to transfer into UNI... Transfering btw unis are hard enough and as for Tafe to Uni, uh??

Logistics

HSC
The highest you can go at tafe is D, no such thing as HD.

The min requirement is an average Credit. which is around 64% if memory serves me right.

Either way at TAFE it's easy to get credit. As i said ages ago I got a Diploma with distinction by bludging (mostly :p)

sleepycat

Logistics said:
The highest you can go at tafe is D, no such thing as HD.

The min requirement is an average Credit. which is around 64% if memory serves me right.

Either way at TAFE it's easy to get credit. As i said ages ago I got a Diploma with distinction by bludging (mostly :p)
WELL DONE~!! Anyway, everything is solved... shes off to some college in the city....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)