• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UTS Insearch Business (1 Viewer)

barnsey88

HSC
What are the disadvantages of choosing UTS insearch to do a UTS Business Degree if you do not get a high enough UAI? Of course there is the full fee paying year, but in terms of getting to do the two majors or getting the most out of the degree (since it is a an entry into UTS 2nd year, do you miss anything crucial?)

Thanks, your help would be appreciated.

fatmuscle

HSC
I'm not sure about how it is for Business, but a friend of mine came from Insearch and transferred to the Bachelor of Science in IT course, and basically caught up and isn't behind.

I really doubt you'll miss out on anything crucial.

The UTS Insearch program is quite good. I wouldn't look down on it.

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
were u referring to me ian?

barnsey88:

there's no real disadvantage if u go to insearch.. i did IT @ insearch + was in 2nd yr + didnt miss out on anything. basically if u go to insesarch u just have to do a few extra subjects [such as english/communications coz most students are international students]. we get tuaght the exact same subjects as UTS.. and u might even get the same lecturers/tutors [coz uts/insearch have the same lecturers/tutors]. and in the end if u think that u dont wish to continue with business u have a diploma already that might help u in the future.

i think the most disadvantage aspect is ur not 100% guaranteed to get into uts. international students are guaranteed as they pay full fee at uts, but having saying that i know for IT @ uts, they do save a few spots for local insearch students. most of the local students i know from insearch transferred with me or even transferred courses at uts.

so i think insearch [if ur not worried with the money aspect] is the best way to get into uts without missing time. unlike tafe + other colleges u dont get taught the same thing as u do at uts.

ps: sorry if this doesnt make any sense [i'm a bit goneeee].. if u have any more questions feel free to ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)