UTS insearch - alternative pathway? (1 Viewer)

Gbot.exe

HSC
Hey guys,

I just finished year 12, and have the HSC coming up in 2 weeks obvisouly..
I'm interested in becoming an architect and hope to get into UTS..

As you probably already know the cut off at uts for 602010 - B of design in architecture is 91.80.
I first thought i will be able to get in with the marks i had but in the last few months ive become lazy and not getting the marks i had hoped for..
Ive applied for disadvantage points and i might be able to get up to 10 points so theres a chance ill get in with 81.80.. ( I think.. can someone let me know)
The other option i have if i dont get into the course is do a diploma course at uts which requires 70+ which i should get. This is the link for the course description Diploma of Design (Part One) - UTS:INSEARCH
Okay, now this is a diploma of design course which will lead to the degree that i want to get in.. (B of design in architecture) which goes for 8 months .. it ends in September i think. Now ive called insearch uts and they said that all i need is a pass in the course and i am guaranteed a place in the bachelor course.
I wanted to see if anyone else is interested in this course and if it is the right option if i dont get in..

Course overview- After completion of the first two semesters of the Diploma of Design, successful students have the option of articulating into the first year of the UTS Bachelor of Design (Industrial, Interior or Fashion & Textile) or the UTS Bachelor of Design in Architecture.

Please let me know what you guys think...
thanks,

Gj

jacky_one

HSC
hey man, wats doin

ive had ur same problem and i found that tafe is an option at either kogarah or ultimo, TAFE Courses at Sydney Institute TAFE NSW, ive done a little bit of research on it and they should be enough to later get into uni

there is also provide uts with a optional online personal statement which may also increase the chances of selection.

i no ur situation 2 well, ive applied for the same course, applied for misadventure and still lookin for loop holes round the system :)

if u hav any other ways could u please let us no, thnx

Last edited:

Gbot.exe

HSC
there is also provide uts with a optional online personal statement which may also increase the chances of selection.
Sorry, can you explain what that is? or can i have a link please?

thanks

Gbot.exe

HSC
Thanks,

if anyone has any information about the diploma course i asked about.. please let me know.. im trying to avoid TAFE and want to see if i can definitely get in thought the diploma course. I wonder if i can get in contact with someone that has previously done the course or is doing it this year..

91Thoth

HSC
I also looked at INSEARCH because I also want to do Architecture at UTS... what turned me off is that there is no accomodation avaliable...

fuzzy09

HSC
Hello :D

Im in the same position with all of you guys, def can't get that 91 atar anymore.. im pretty much set on going to insearch.. just need to get 70+ Atar which shouldn't be a problem then apply :)

If anyone else is applying then let me know how/when your going to apply :D

Cheers

Gbot.exe

HSC
kooool, thanks for that..
i was feeling a bit unsure since no one else replied..
i think this a great way to get into the b of design in architecture course.
most likely ill see you around next year then :)

and again.. if anyone else has any info on this course, please help!
thakns once more,

Gj

kaytt

HSC
i have also applied for the eas 10 point scheme... but even thats not a guarantee, im hoping i can still do interior design which is basically the same UAI as architecture.so how and when do you apply?thankyou so much for posting this, i had absolutely no idea that this was available to us... ah that makes me feel so much better that there is another option other than tafe.

polorl911

HSC
Im kinda lost aswel, im thinkin should i just take the insearch or go into USW and do construction management and transfer, but i have no idea which pathway is the best for me, and im in the same situation

Gbot.exe

HSC
i got an ATAR of 83.80.. my first preference is still the course at UTS. i dont know what the chances of getting in are with disadvantage and bonus points.
im thinking which method to take...
how about all of you guys

fuzzy09

HSC
I got 87.50
I also applied for uts, n i can make the cut-off because i got a band 6 in v.a (uts hsc bonus scheme), so that it'll be 92.5 but im still unsure, atar might also go up... meh
i put interior architecture at unsw as my second preference.. kinda hope i get into the second one now lol

geegables

HSC
The benefit of doing Insearch over TAFE is that you do assignments that are exactly identical to the assignments completed by UTS Students. I had a friend who went through INSEARCH to get into Vis-Com (which i am doing) and he did the exact assignments we did for 1st year. If you can imagine, this is advantageous as your portfolio consists of works of the same standard as the UTS curriculum whereas TAFE can teach you a different attitude to design.

However, the big disadvantage of Insearch is that you are paying a lot of money BUT if you're serious about design this shouldn't be a hindrance. You also need to maintain a high average to get into UTS which requires a lot of work and application..so be prepared to put in some hard yards

Gbot.exe

HSC
Yayy!! i got in.
I already accepted lol, how do you guys go?
Fuzzy?

SFinspired

HSC
However, the big disadvantage of Insearch is that you are paying a lot of money BUT if you're serious about design this shouldn't be a hindrance. You also need to maintain a high average to get into UTS which requires a lot of work and application..so be prepared to put in some hard yards
Yes this is absolutely true. You also attend classes almost everyday in your first semesters.

Gbot.exe

HSC
Nice nice, congrats...
Do you know any important dates that we need
e.g When we start and all that ??

fuzzy09

HSC
So far i only know about enrolment 2/2 and orientation 19/2.. there's also a faculty welcome on the 26/2 i think but i dunno if im gonna go, and i have no idea when we start

I guess any other info and important dates will be given to us on enrolment/orientation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)