UTS Course Requisites? (1 Viewer)

Newbit

HSC
Hey everyone, I've just finished my first semester at UTS and there is a high chance that I might fail one of my subjects (Mathematical Modelling 1). The subjects that I am enrolled in for next semester has Mathematical Modelling 1 as a requisite, so I was wondering did I need a pass in Mathematical Modelling 1 to satisfy the pre-requisites or did I only have to sit Mathematical Modelling to satisfy the criteria.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You will have to pass MM1 to do MM2, obviously. I'm not sure what other subjects you are referring to but there are some subjects which have "corequisites" which mean you have to either have passed the subject or be currently enrolled in it. Corequisites are listed among the (pre)requisites but have a c next to the subject number.

I'd say you should be fine, they need to cater for the people who did Fundy Maths instead of MM1. The one exception for that I know of (and there could be others) is that for the Electrical kids, FoEE has MM2 as a corequisite. Meaning that if you did Fundy Maths, or fail MM1, you will have to do another subject in it's place.

Newbit

HSC
Mathematical Modelling 2 and Engineering Mechanics both have Mathematical Modelling 1 as a requisite. Should I re-enroll in Mathematical Modelling 1 next semester?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Engineering Mechanics has MM1 as a corequisite.

"Requisite(s): 33130c Mathematical Modelling 1 AND 68037c Physical Modelling
The lower case 'c' after the subject code indicates that the subject is a corequisite. See definitions for details. "

If you fail MM1, simply unenrol in MM2 and redo MM1. If you pass MM1, it's all good. They won't let you re-enrol into MM1 until results are finalised, if you try atm it will be listed as enrolled. After (well, usually a few days before) results are released the subjects you pass will change from enrolled into "Passed" and if you failed they will let you re-enrol. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)