UTS confusion (1 Viewer)

mrwhite14

HSC
So i'm just fixing up my UAC preferences, and I've been kind of 'guesstimating' what i'm gonna get into based on 2014's ATAR cut offs (which i know are always subject to change, but they are usually a good guide).
My top preferences are 3 different communications courses at UTS - the top one i am about .7 off, the rest i am well above the 2014 ATAR.
Just then, however, I came across their "guaranteed entry scheme" list of ATARS, and now i'm confused.
Can someone tell me if these http://www.uts.edu.au/future-students/undergraduate/high-school-students/guaranteed-entry-scheme are the actual final cutoffs for 2015 courses, or whether they are just an easier way for high achievers to get an offer?
I only ask this because they are all significantly higher (In some cases up to 8 full points higher e.g. Media, Arts & Production has moved from 84.05 to 92) than last year's cutoffs- and now i'm worried that I have to reconsider everything.
Obviously I know the scheme makes the courses a lot more competitive if you don't have the ATAR listed, but are they the final ones? Like should I not even bother applying if I don't have that ATAR?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)