UTS business offer *right below cutoff* (1 Viewer)

speednugget

HSC
Yesterday i received an offer to MACQ economics (they already called me for early entry). However my first preference was UTS business. MY raw ATAR sits just under 85 and i am less than a point off with bonus points (just under 90) for the 90.00 cutoff this year. It was also 90.00 last year. Does this indicate the cutoff is artificially inflated? I've heard from people that last year people received offers for UTS business below the cutoff in main round. If i am less than a point below the cutoff for UTS business, what are my chances of receiving an offer in second round? I find it hard to believe that the cutoff can remain 90.00 for three years in a row.

Any replies would be helpful as resources regarding UTS business are scarce.

Thanks

Boombam

HSC
Sorry to hear you didn't ge an offer.

Maybe theg want to keep the cutoff above for exclusivity? Cos there are vacancies left after the main round cutoff
From what I read Macquarie business is just as good as uts, so don't stress

Do you mean you have a 89 atar including bonus points? Coz 1 point difference is actually a lot (about 1000 people difference to 90)

speednugget

HSC
Yeah i understand but i was looking for previous year candidates who possibly got a late round offer. And yeah i am 0.9 off the cutoff including the points.

HSC
Best of luck, I'm hoping to get a 2nd/3rd round offer although my ATAR is nearly 4 points below the cut-off so if you didn't I doubt I'll have a chance, either way good luck.

Shaz8teen

HSC
MQ is a great uni for Commerce related courses.

The cut-offs released for 2015 indicated that there are still vacancies in the B.Bus. I'm not sure about how UTS work but it is possible that they may accept more students under the cut-off to fill up the spots.

Good luck, hope you get in :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)