UTS and higher Cutoffs? (1 Viewer)

asdf

HSC
Hi, will UTS raise its UAI Cut off this year for all the courses (due to government thingy)? I remember reading a while ago that UTS and UNSW (probably a couple of other uni's) said they will not be cutting down places into uni. Does this mean it wont affect the UAI cut-off?

edit: I know UAI cutoff changes every year though depending on demand etc....

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
uts wont raise cut offs jsut liek that

its all about supply and demand that will effect the UAI cutoff
and yeh due to teh increase of students wanting to get into uni its likely the UAI cutoff will rise

asdf

HSC
Originally posted by sukiyaki
uts wont raise cut offs jsut liek that

its all about supply and demand that will effect the UAI cutoff
and yeh due to teh increase of students wanting to get into uni its likely the UAI cutoff will rise
Im not talking about increase because of demand, im talking about the governent bullshit where they are increasing Full fee paying people and decreasing the HECS by increasing UAI cutoff. :)

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
hmmmm i dunno about other unis but uts doesnt take full paying local students... only international students

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Those changes will also not affect students entering University in 2004. It was in the education section of SMH a little while back, I still have it somewhere.

Unfortunately, my house is in Sydney and I am currently in Manila. Ask me again in a month.

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
really hows manila omg go rockwell center!!!

psycho_mushy

HSC
UTS scaling the UAI's higher at least 2 notches -=death for me

asdf

HSC
Originally posted by psycho_mushy
UTS scaling the UAI's higher at least 2 notches -=death for me
Where did you hear that from? Is that for all courses? :(

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I don't know how to government thingy will affect it, but I don't think it would too much. I mean some courses might go up, some may go down, its just supply and demand as someone said earlier.

JRasnier

i think that some unis are doing it some arent, the ones that are, are just getting ready, cause i think the fees jump up for 2005 students not 2004...and i dont think uts is doing it this year

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Kathleen
really hows manila omg go rockwell center!!!
HAHAHA You know the Power Plant? I ate Chinese there last week, and I'm seeing LOTR on Tuesday at their cinema. Either there or Greenbelt that is. :D

Anyway, read my blog. If you're a Filipina some of these things may be familiar. :)

Dingo

Banned
all the ppls with 80s uai dat r gonna miss out on their usyd course will come to uts, making all the 70s science/engineering courses go up to the 80s.
making all the ppls with 70s miss out on uts and end up at uws making all the 60s courses at uws go up to 70s..
hence creating a chain reaction which benefits all unis, as uais will reach at least 70s which makes unis in sydney look good.

peace^^

JRasnier

dingo, i beleive that already happens, and is already the norm for the unis, only if places and demand changes then it will change, but as uai's may rise this year, its only for some courses, not across the board, which is what i heard...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)