UTS 2004 - The course YOU are studying! (1 Viewer)

Dave85

HSC
Bachelor of Business:

cut off: 92.05

my uai: 92.05 (yes i was f*cking lucky!)

karnevil

HSC
BBus City Full Time

2004 cut off: 92.05

my UAI: 92.90

edit: Lex, your cut off was 75.80

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Don't worry Lex, people won't ask you the cutoff when they ask what degree you are doing lol!!!

Unfortunately for me... extract from a conversation

"I'm doing a communications degree with my major in journalism"
"what UAI did you get?"
"96.5"
"Why are you doing that degree then? You could do law or something couldn't you? Something higher?"

Grrrr.... if I wanted to do law, don't you think I would have picked it lol.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, too many people assume you only go for what you can get into...trouble is, that's a near perfect description of my course. Except I was lucky and actually enjoy Physics. :)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Same here....i got a uai of 94.65...its a shame that when i tell people im doing IT (85.50) they stare at me and say why not something like commerce.....or business.......its bad....a bad feeling of rejection....but i love computers and i hope i succeed in it!

karnevil

HSC
Hey im not tryin to make anyone's degree sound 'dodgy' :p ... I too am a firm believer that the best bet with UAI's is just to do your absolute best so that you maximise your possibilities, and hence, your range of course choices. Whether or not you got 99 and chose an 82 degree is irrelevant - your UAI is simply a key to get you in the door, am I right? :)

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
Whoa, everyone so smart, maybe that's why you have the guts to post the course.
I'm doing B.Business and B.Computing which i thought would be >than 90. Oh wells

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
b design (visual communication) / b arts (international studies).

i'm sort of allowed to post in here, cos i got a transfer for 04.

karnevil

HSC
Originally posted by saladsurgery
b design (visual communication) / b arts (international studies).

i'm sort of allowed to post in here, cos i got a transfer for 04.
How hard was it to transfer? What sort of grades were you achieving in 2003 @ uts, etc? Are your grades the only things they take into consideration for your internal transfer? I'm intent on transferring from B.Bus >> B.Bus/BA Int Std next year, so just curious as to how the whole process works! Cheers

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha I knew that would come up, but I didn't want to write an FAQ.

The other day I was speaking to Associate Professor Mike Ford (Course Director, Nanotech) and he told me all about internal transfer.

The procedure is quite simple. Once the time for transfer is right (late semester 2 I suppose) you go to Student Admin and pick up an Application to Transfer (or similarly named document). The form has only two spaces, so you only have two preferences. Fill that and hand it in, the rest is waiting.

Behind the scenes, UTS admin has a relatively easy job with transfers. As soon as your most recent results are known (ie your GPA after that semester) they are submit, along with your application, to the Course Director for the program you're trying to transfer into. He or she then has sole discretion over who to approve and deny, based on academic performance, history and personal statement.

shelli@UTS

B Design VisCom - transferred from 2 years B Fine Art at Newcastle Uni. Doing it the mature-aged student way!

MrA

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Haha I knew that would come up, but I didn't want to write an FAQ.

The other day I was speaking to Associate Professor Mike Ford (Course Director, Nanotech) and he told me all about internal transfer.

The procedure is quite simple. Once the time for transfer is right (late semester 2 I suppose) you go to Student Admin and pick up an Application to Transfer (or similarly named document). The form has only two spaces, so you only have two preferences. Fill that and hand it in, the rest is waiting.

Behind the scenes, UTS admin has a relatively easy job with transfers. As soon as your most recent results are known (ie your GPA after that semester) they are submit, along with your application, to the Course Director for the program you're trying to transfer into. He or she then has sole discretion over who to approve and deny, based on academic performance, history and personal statement.
how long does it take until u find out?
and can u internally transfer from any course to any other course as long as its in uts?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i found out on feb 1, so it takes quite a while. i'm not sure what the limits on internal transfers are. i got a reasonable credit average in semester one and a pretty good distinction average semester 2. wether you get in on whatever your marks are or not depends on demand for the course you want to transfer to.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
my friends friend is doing some Arts in Communication course at UTS and she applied for internal transfer to Business, but she got rejected so she applied through UAC and now she ended up transfering to UWS doing business and commerce at parra campus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)