USYD's 'Degree in a Day' (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Thanks for that vulgarfraction !

and to nichhhole ; so as long as I get a confirmation and all, it's all good?

btw, it not on the holidays, it on during school day. Ah, that may be a problem for me. To the people who are going, is it like a bus that picks you up from school or something?

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
To the people who are going, is it like a bus that picks you up from school or something?
Nope! We make our own way there, so you should be alright :).

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yes, it's the 27th and 29th. I suspect there are different programs on for the two days because otherwise it would be Degree in 2 Days (lol), and I've only been allocated to work on the 27th.

barry1

HSC
hi people, i'm going to the degree in a day at sydney uni on the 29th of November which is in less than a week from now, for my school which is SSC Blackwattle bay campus (formerly known as glebe highschool) my careers advisor gave out the notes to anyone that was interested :) and said that the first 40 people to hand it in were going.

from what i've read people haven't been so lucky in being chosen. In case you are wondering i chose:
1. Physics of the Stars
2. Mr Sarich's chest pain (Medical course)

Hopefully heaps of people will show up that day and as a bonus sydney uni is providing free lunch :):)

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
I went too; it was pretty awesome because I got to catch up with some old friends =)

Physics of the stars <- this was more interesting
In the air and over the water <- this was more fun

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
ronnknee said:
I went too; it was pretty awesome because I got to catch up with some old friends =)

Physics of the stars <- this was more interesting
In the air and over the water <- this was more fun
UM, LOL. I just went to your website thing. You have a photo of me in there, hahah. I did the Engineering one in the afternoon as well :p.

tambourine

HSC
will there be another opportunity to go? i hadn't heard of it :( but making aspirins and liquid panadol sound interesting :)

SOPHIE.

HSC
i was there. it was pretty good.
i loved how when they said "we guarantee all of you here will get a UAI of 90+", everyone kind of laughed at them.
i know i did.

but omg law :(

ccc123

HSC
Faytle said:
Which sessions/courses did you pick? :)
Psychology and Working For Justice in the 21st century. Both were pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about degree in a day is that there was to much 'Come to Sydney' propaganda. Did anyone else notice that?

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
princesscal said:
Wow, pretty much no white kids went to that thing.
Hahah, I was the only non-white in my group of friends; but as a whole, yeh :eek:.

vulgarfraction said:
was this on Tuesday? :confused:
Ahh nah, the one on Thursday.

ccc123 said:
Psychology and Working For Justice in the 21st century. Both were pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about degree in a day is that there was to much 'Come to Sydney' propaganda. Did anyone else notice that?
Haha yeh, it was a bit overboard at times but it's to be expected I guess.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
princesscal said:
Wow, pretty much no white kids went to that thing.
My friend is awseomely white and was going to go, but then she forgot about it completely and just rocked up to school like normal, so second period our ancient teacher was like "Um casi the day sheet has you down as being an excused absence, were you supposed to be anywhere today?" and she's like "oshitlol!"

princesscal

Banned
HSC
hahaha that's pretty funny, i just looked through those pictures and saw some white girls, they were really cute :eek:, doing us proud.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hope you guys all enjoyed it, great chance to meet some of the brightest young minds in Sydney....and hopefully will be seeing at USYD some day ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)