Usyd Swot (1 Viewer)

lou071

HSC
N/A
i am thinking of attending lectures.....
are they useful for later uni life?

Last edited:

lou071

HSC
N/A
really?

what do they talk about in 'university report writing' lecture?
(it sounds it will be useful)

lou071

HSC
N/A
hey, anyone recommend the attendence to the lectures that usyd will provide for first years?
does that prepare you on uni work?

SamChenDeagle

HSC
Most of the lectures in swot are pretty much useless except you get to know the names of the staff. The best of swot is that you get to get to meet people from student organisations and learn about how uni life works.

If you want to learn about learning strategies and techniques the uni do offer workshops and tutorials but they don't start until the semester starts.

Miss Winey

HSC
the SWOT workshops are there for a reason - people students demand them.
I have found that my friends who have recently finished school, don't find a "report writing workship" all that helpful.
but many people who are not familiar with university forms of writing, such as mature age students, people who didn't do well at english at school, international students have found them helpful.

All those other ones like mindfulness, stress management and so on, if it interests you, and you have the time, i don't think you will be disappointed.
you get lots of free stuff :)
and you get to meet new people :)
and you will know where all the resources are when you may need them in the near future or a help a friend out who might be stuck in a rut.

good luck!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Some might, some might not. Depends on what you know. See here for a checklist on what you should go to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)