USYD Pharmacy 2006 (1 Viewer)

haejin

Yeah, i got my results today and shoved em into SAM and decided i might still have a chance for Pharmacy. Ild definatly have a good chance if i did my HSC 'last year' (i hate the fact that it goes down a bit every year).
Im more curious to knwo how many people Do apply for pharmacy, and if the full-fee paying are counted in the 250 which are accepted.
Did anyone else apply for interstate unis fore pharmacy? I did UQueensland, didn't do UMAT so couldn't apply for Monash in Vic.

To Frootloop: Well all things considered, i'm sure you would be considered, but it would be highly unlikly you'll be the first to get in (im so sorry, this sounds so blunt >.<) . Its mainly because first the UAI, the STAT and the amount of people who want to get in need to be considered first. Theres heaps of people who have high 90 UAIS, High STATS scores and did all the required subjects (those lucky lucky barsta*ds). Hopefully less people applied, and so you will be accepted into the course.

Last edited by a moderator:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
No you would be considered but you'll need chemistry to do the course, i'm fairly sure

johnlaw

I got a uai of 97.95 and a stat score of 153...and I did 4u maths phy chem and bio....does that mean I have a good chance???does the requirement change??would the stat score change???

froglenn

HSC
N/A
ummm... i'm pretty sure Chemistry is only assumed knowledge, hence you won't HAVE to have it, but it helps tremendously if you do have it seeing as Chem A and Chem B are pretty hard without it.

roughly 270 people were accepted into pharmacy this year
the university doesn't really care what your STAT score is, as long as you are over 149
physics for pharmacy is pretty much useless, but having biology would be a massive bonus especially if you did genetics, biotechnology or communication for your option

good luck, hopefully this helped clear up some of your queries and see you guys/gals in pharmacy next year

johnlaw

thx alot that clears it up...alright I have a chance ^^
now I can enjoy my holidays

HSC
johnlaw said:
I got a uai of 97.95 and a stat score of 153...and I did 4u maths phy chem and bio....does that mean I have a good chance???does the requirement change??would the stat score change???
I was wondering the same things - whether the cutoff would go over 97...
I got 97.6 and a stat score of 170... hopefully the requirements dont go up too much, if they do at all... :eek:

johnlaw

the stat requirement doesnt change from year to year does it??
anyway, on the usyd website it says we have to give our stat results to UAC as soon as we get it??but I cant find how to do it..dont they automatically get it??

Raginsheep

HSC
If you applied for Stat through the UAC, I think its automatic and no, the score is constant.

HSC
Yep, Raginsheep is right. I sent an email to usyd asking about it a while ago and got this reply -

"You are not required to send your STAT results to directly to the University if you arranged to sit the STAT with UAC and you indicated on your application for admission that you will be sitting it.

If you are concerned about your STAT results possibly not being recorded on your application, you should contact UAC to make sure that everything is all right."

So it's all good.

Raginsheep

HSC
Just a question for you people wanting to do Pharm, what is it that makes its so attractive for you?

johnlaw

I just want to ask the ppl who are going pharm now.....I am currently in hk but I want to stay here till feb...but I heard u need to be in syd for enrollment and I didnt get a proxy.....can someone tell me what the enrollment proceedure is like??I am so lost...thanks...and the thing that attract me is..I love drugs...haha..nah...I love science but dont like med coz of the hard life so pharm seem like a good choice since it uses chem....

froglenn

HSC
N/A
enrolment is a real pain in the arse for first years, it takes about 3-5 hours and involves you filling in too many forms and then waiting in line for too bloody long (but maybe it was just me).
pharm's a pretty boring job though, according to some pharmacists i've spoken with

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
So I looked at the STAT site and it said it was an alternative for anyone who doesn't hold a current year 12 certificate.

What does this mean exactly? Is doing the STAT compulsory even if you're doing your HSC? What about UMAT's instead?

Sorry for all my questions

micelite

<b>BOLD</b>
HSC
You have to get a good score in STAT and have a good UAI to get into usyd pharm. UMAT is not required for entry into usyd pharm but i think it is require in one of the victorian unis

Raginsheep

HSC
The real reason stat exists is that it's used to asses the capabilities of people who don't have a recent UAI or past degrees and want to enter uni. Think of it as a HSC but not content based but rather based on verbal and numeral understanding. For people with a recent UAI (ie most of us) STAT is baiscally just used for usyd pharm.

johnlaw

hey does anyone know the census date for usyd phram??? is it the same for the whole uni??? and same for undergrade and postgrade???

Squishi

HSC
went to the info day. the minimum stat score is 150 this year. gettin a high stat does not rank u higher. as long as u get over 150 ur uais are ranked.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
micelite said:
You have to get a good score in STAT and have a good UAI to get into usyd pharm. UMAT is not required for entry into usyd pharm but i think it is require in one of the victorian unis
BComm/BPharmacy @ Monash University

uses the UMAT not STAT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)