USYD law ATAR 99.65 wam 72 (1 Viewer)

studyhappy

HSC
As a current study in Commerce at USYD and an unlucky student of the HSC 2013 (whereby USYD and UNSW law cut-off both were 99.7) what are my chances of catching a break? (transferring, that is)

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
assuming the same wam after sem 2, pretty good chance.

HSC
N/A
Hey, the amount of hd's, d's and credits you get will be important in determining if you are able to transfer. You will get an NRSL (Non-recent-Student-Leavers) rank, which will be determined by your atar and gpa (converted into an selection rank), with equal weighting for both scores, and this will determine if you are able to transfer. To work out your selection rank, use this link http://community.boredofstudies.org...sfer-into-usyd-unsw-law-year-2013-gparank.pdf. Then to figure out what nrsl rank you need to transfer into law, use this link (on pg 24), http://sydney.edu.au/ab/committees/admissions/2012/ADM_May12_agenda.pdf As you can see you need about a low-medium 97 to get in, which requires you to get about a 6.0 GPA (with your given atar). Tbh you are probably lagging a bit behind if you want to transfer, I'm assuming you probably got like two credits and two d's this sem, so next sem you are probably going to need two hd's and two d's to be completely certain.

pHyRe

HSC
It says 6.0 GPA with 96.00 ATAR is guarunteed entry in that pdf?

pHyRe

HSC
also, what kind of NRSL would be needed for entry to commerce (lib studies) out of curiosity?

HSC
N/A
hmmm, i think that was something they were proposing for to happen, but still in other documents it says that a 6.0 converts to a a 96 selection rank (after 1st year) and this with a 96 atar would mean a 96 nrsl rank, meaning applicants would most likely fail. Also, I don't really know what kind of rank applicants would need for other subjects, I just came across these two files in previous law transfer threads :/

Confound

HSC
why only 72 wam when you got 99.65 atar? ooft

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)