Usyd january 2nd day for high achievers (1 Viewer)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Re: Re: Usyd january 2nd day for high achievers

Originally posted by Weisy

OK - from a TSP brochure:

To be considered for the program in their first year, students should normally have a UAI (or equivalent) over 98.7 and a mark over 90 in at least one science subject area and/or over 95 in Mathematics Extension 1; or demonstrate exceptional performance in scientific study (eg. olympiad level).
Yeah but that's only if you want to study science and do the talented students program at Usyd. I don't think it's got anything to do with that 2 nd jan day for high achievers.

SaveFerris

Still undecided as to whether I'm going to go to the USyd High Achievers thing tomorrow...I got 98.55 but the only thing I applied for there was a Bachelor of Arts (UAI last year was 77 or something) and it's like my 3rd or 4th preference...then again, I'm going to the UTS Advisory Day on Friday so maybe I should make the most of the opportunity to check out what USyd has to offer as well...the only thing I know about it is that it has some mad buildings that look very...scholastic...

Ha, I feel so ignorant about all this uni stuff because I missed all the open days in August/September due to many, many shifts at work...so, if you're going to the High Achievers thing tomorrow and I finally decide to get my arse into gear with all this stuff, I'll be the intimidated-looking girl standing in the corner...come and say "hi" and make me feel not so stupid next to the rest of you!!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Unsw is morning tea on 3 Jan.
The usyd thing should be good - would definitely get more attentive answers from the deans etc.

Disappointed tho with all the "lowly" 98-ers coming.....here i was expecting a private chat with the chancellor....*sigh*, some places just don't know how to maintain standards! :p

timmii

sporadic attendee
I actually thought the usyd day was good - got to have personal chats with the deans of law and "economics and business" (commerce)....very useful/helpful. As far as I'm now concerned I'm a sydney uni gal :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
*damn* same thing at unsw today...now back in indecision!
Though its soooo intimidating...i didn't realise what those things were, i was basically walking around the room knowing i was the dumbest one there (or equal dumbest i suppose?) coz it was only for 100 and 99.95 ppl....very scary. Like "wow"...these are the competition ;) :p

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Killah33
How barred do I feel. I never got invited by USyd and i got 99.95

FOR SHAME

:p
You've made it quite clear you're going to UTS...if you don't put USYD down on your preferences then you won't be invited/get offered the scholarship thing. Same for unsw i guess.

E.g there were 64 ppl 99.95+, and UNSW only invited 56ppl, and only 21ppl ended up coming [my mum asked the organiser the logistics...]

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
lol I know a guy who put a random pref from each of the big universities at the bottom of his list just so that he'd get invited to everything =P

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I thought the day was really good at sydney. Although I saw people there who only got UAI's of 90 or so. Had a good chat with the dean of commerce and the dean of mathematics. Sydney looks soo much better than NSW after attending the open days. NSW is too enclosed, looks like some manufacturing place.... and their lecture theatres there are horrible. I'm definitely going to sydney Uni this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)