Usyd future leader scheme (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
IMG_3642.png

This says December round two which is over and I picked the wrong course for that
I rlly need to get double law and it goes down to 98 I can’t change preferences now what do I do please help me

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
View attachment 41851

This says December round two which is over and I picked the wrong course for that
I rlly need to get double law and it goes down to 98 I can’t change preferences now what do I do please help me
if you picked the wrong course for round 2 and you want to gun for double law i suggest just putting law down for january round 1 and hope for the best, i will be realistic though i don't remember seeing anything that says january round 1 for the scheme so it may not be applicable for the next round; the scheme will end up being for the current choice you've made for december round 2
you should call them up to make sure though, and maybe even ask them about it to reconsider. i don't think you're the only one who's made this mistake in past years or even in the current cohort

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I even realised late that December round two was the main round for Atar based offers how am I so dumb

• Sad
Reactions: oml

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
How am I so fkn stupid to put the wrong course as first preference im blind i read it and then it still looked right and i realised after that i put the wrong stuff why is this happening to me
And why do I never hear about these schemes and they just pop up randomly omggg wtf do I do
@jimmysmith560 pls help
I'd be ringing up uac. Have you tried that yet at least? What did they say?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Have you called uac and have you called USyd admissions office ? If not I would do this asap. Btw you are not dumb at all, who hasn’t made mistakes before ? USyd will def want you. Make an appointment and go see them. Must do this before offers come out.

you got this !
i just called usyd they said they have no control and that the scheme is only for round do so im calling uac now
hopefully it works out

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
im so pissde i literally cannot get into usyd double law now omg cus i made the stupidest mistake when icould have easily gotten in

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I am so sorry to hear that. Did USyd say whether they are offering any spots for the next round ? I think it’s ridiculous - you got the marks and made an admin mistake - you belong. Is there no appeal process available anywhere - jimmy ??
yeah is there any where i can appeal? im not sure who to call i called in usyd (i think it was just future student details) and they just said they can't do anything. is the admissions service number different from their normal contact? i would really like to ask about an appeal or if they can do anything about this in the next round of offers

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
yeah is there any where i can appeal? im not sure who to call i called in usyd (i think it was just future student details) and they just said they can't do anything. is the admissions service number different from their normal contact? i would really like to ask about an appeal or if they can do anything about this in the next round of offers
Call Chris Minns

liamkk112

HSC
Call the Chair of the Academic Board at +61 2 9351 2078 (Professor Jane Hanrahan)

Supposedly she manages the admissons process

liamkk112

HSC
thanks i dont know how you guys manage to find this information
i just googled "usyd admissions staff" hahhaha
the number is on her usyd research profile so its not like its private info

liamkk112

HSC
i just googled "usyd admissions staff" hahhaha
the number is on her usyd research profile so its not like its private info
hopefully u can arrange something coz it would really suck if all of your hard work towards your goal disappeared due to a small error

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
usyd admissions staff
i called and i was told i could use this email:
Domestic.admissions@sydney.edu.au
but when i reaserched this i foudn its for domestic students who are already studying at the uni and not undergraduate (from the pdf i read i think)..so would emailing them help at all?

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
usyd admissions staff
i called and i was told i could use this email:
Domestic.admissions@sydney.edu.au
but when i reaserched this i foudn its for domestic students who are already studying at the uni and not undergraduate..so would emailing them help at all?
I would try insist on getting through to them on the phone because there isn’t all that long left and emails can take ages to respond sometimes

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I would try insist on getting through to them on the phone because there isn’t all that long left and emails can take ages to respond sometimes
im not sure i tried to ask and they said they dont have a direct phone or smth im not sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)