USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Re: Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread

Interesting day for me.

Was toying with the idea of doing a minor in psychology. Then I started looking into things, and it turns out with careful planning I can complete an entire psychology major in one year.

I'm quite proud of myself haha.

zxreth

HSC

Is there no draft exam timetable this semester? or is it just straight to the final one?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Oh so that's where you are these days. Cool :)

Which university you at?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad

You guys reckon I should write a full, comprehensive guide for study abroad (focused on USA) when I get back?
Yes! And hopefully by the end of sem 1 2016 I'll be able to chip in a little as well.

I, too, want to know which uni you're at.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Yep, I've done Summer School subjects every year since I started at USYD, and will be continuing to do so for the next couple of years.

What do you want to know?

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

Yep, I've done Summer School subjects every year since I started at USYD, and will be continuing to do so for the next couple of years.

What do you want to know?
I have done a couple of units on exchange here and wanted to know how quickly the allocations for summer school take place? Do you have to do it all online when you go through Student Central? Anything that I should be aware of when doing the enrolments?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Depends on the subject. While I doubt that all of the places are going to be taken up in one day, it's good to get in early just to be 100% sure.

It's all online; tomorrow the Summer School web pages for each of the subjects will have an option to apply and you can just follow the prompts.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

I just wondering with the intensiveness of the units, did you happen to have hired a tutor to help you get through the material? From what I heard cramming 13 weeks into a 6 week course, the advice I have been hearing is, only consider doing this if you fully committed to those 6 weeks as a student (no work, no social stuff, etc)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

The workload's not unmanageable. Yes, you are cramming a 13 week course into 5-6 weeks, but if you consider that you're only doing 1 or 2 subjects in comparison to doing 4, to me it feels no worse than a standard semester. But again, I can only really speak for the subjects I've done.

zxreth

HSC

The workload's not unmanageable. Yes, you are cramming a 13 week course into 5-6 weeks, but if you consider that you're only doing 1 or 2 subjects in comparison to doing 4, to me it feels no worse than a standard semester. But again, I can only really speak for the subjects I've done.
I heard that they (in some courses) cut out the material and will tell you what will/wont be in the exam specifically near the end of summer school.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

I just put in my submission for 1 of the units for this summer. They say it takes around 24 hours to let you know if you have been or have not been accepted.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Nice.

I'm thinking of going on exchange once I start my next degree, so yeah a guide would be good :).

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

What things would you like me to cover? I'm probably gonna make it more tailored to USA.

I'm thinking finances (cost, cards etc), travel tips (how to stuff and other useful tips, accommodation), cell phone stuff/data, short review on cities I visited, tips when you're there/at uni, customs processes/other documentation, picking classes, Centrelink etc

Last edited:

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Oh cool you still get Centrelink payments over there? Did not know that haha.

Maybe include something about the application process as well; the information online is a little bit sparse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)