Using prescribed texts for related texts (1 Viewer)

DC10

Is this frowned upon by markers? i haven't found anything that says anything against this in the board of studies website - will it be likely to incur a penalty?

the related text i chose was Wild Swans - it happened to be a prescribed text - unfortunately - i still have backups, but I'm looking to use this for Module C

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
DC:rolleyes: :(

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
1984 is a perscribed text, someone used this as a related text in some other module, i think it was 'in the wild', their essay was placed in the standard packages as a band 5/6 answer......

so i wouldn't worry about getting penalities as such for using it...but i think teachers would generally advice against this

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
All your teachers will advise against it, as will most people on this forum. Prescribed texts are a baaad idea - it's sort of like saying "I couldn't be bothered looking for a change text so I took one off the modules sheet", or worse, "I studied this in year 11 and used it as a related text in yr12".

Some markers might not give a damn. Others will judge you very harshly. Don't risk it.

DC10

i actually rang up the HSC advice line and the 'teacher' told me this:

he firstly typed something up in the computer (to check which module WildSwans is in)

he then told me that it is ok to use it because both texts are 'non-fiction' and that because i do king lear in module B it's ok for me to use Wild Swans as a related texts, o well maybe i'll only use it as backup...

any more thoughts to this issue? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)