Using Art as related texts (1 Viewer)

ayamaymay

HSC
Hey guys,
I really want to do a painting for my related / self selected text for Romanticism, but I'm not sure exactly what kind of things I should discuss. I was thinking of doing Casper Friedrich's "Wander above the Sea of Fog" or maybe "Chalk Cliffs on Rugen" but I'm not sure exactly what I should be talking about when discussing techniques, and also the importance of imagination.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

- ju-li3n -

HSC
if your just using it as a supplementary [ a passing comment ] there should be no problem with it. if you plan to use it for the bulk of an essay, you may have issues.

there's only so far you can stretch interpretation.

brendroid

HSC
Here are a couple of questions :)

1) Are you an art student?

2) If you are, then why don't you apply the techniques you would use in Art for dissecting a painting to Extension 1? Not all the art-technobabble, but enough that the marker knows what you're talking about?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
brendoid is right, if you do art it's a lot easier to analyze artworks and apply techniques. But there's no reason why it can't work for you if you don't do art.

brendroid

HSC
Of course there's nothing stopping a non-art student from using artwork ^^ but it just means they may need to spend some more time analysing the work than someone who already does it :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
All I did for section 2 of art (the essay) was reuse my artists from a recent case study assignment. Since our midcourse isn't assessed (worth 0%, how retarded) I didn't see the point in doing any more research.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Yep.
Art teacher's response:

'Oh but it's good practice for trials'

Farrkkk. Lame.

brendroid

HSC
Yep.
Art teacher's response:

'Oh but it's good practice for trials'

Farrkkk. Lame.
...that is hollow logic. The trials are kinda worth about what, 40%? Makes sense - more practice - but the same pressure isn't there. If it's worth nothing, chances are you're not going to take it as seriously. That's what I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)