Usefulness And Reliability - Gah! (1 Viewer)

franski

HSC
okay, my teacher hasnt taught me properly how to do the usefullness question - and im cool with it but im having trouble in actually setting the answer out... how do you guys set out ur answer? like - okay ive been told to do usefullness first and then perspective and reliability after that .... but do you need an intro and conclusion like an essay? or do you just go for it? ive been marked down for using point form in my answers in the past so i began to use a broad essay form... and am still not getting over 7/10 - and no it doesnt have anything to do with content lol. any setting out tips would be AWESOME!!!
thanks a bunch xxx

HSC
Qn: is the usefulness/reliabilty qn, qn 3? I think it is.. and I would tend to answer using essay form I guess, in history I'm of the opinion that it's usually necessary in responses to do so. Correct me if im wrong though. When analysing a source for qn 3, i would use the standard OMACRU (Origin, Motive, Audience, Content, Reliability, Usefulness) structure. But I'm not sure if you have to stick to that order, I think so long as you cover each area it doesn't matter, so long as you've covered everything and it's clear and done well. Just an idea, if it helps. The notion of writing history properly has confused me a lot lately, so i may or may not be right. Let me know if you have a better way?

franski

HSC
Thanks! thats great. its weird though - my teacher has never actually taught me any kind of method on that question - no acronym - i dunno... maybe its cause shes a bit traditional... but thats a great help, thankyou! xxx

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Ugh, Mrs Wooly-Bully is pretty fuggers when it comes to friggin' sources.

All I can say, competing with you, of coruse, is to go through past Band 6's and pick out why they're good. I did that, it showed.

And you're absolutely bingo on that essay thing.

HSC
I stuffed up my Usefulness and Reliability questions in our half yearly today, I just couldnt concetrate on them and as a result, they were heaps general and poorly structured

franski

HSC
thanks heaps molly - i shall check the band 6 answers... and no, i am not competitive! BAH! maybe SEB secretly wants us all to fail! ahhhh. sometimes i do not understand that woman. good luck tomorrow!

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
franski said:
thanks heaps molly - i shall check the band 6 answers... and no, i am not competitive! BAH! maybe SEB secretly wants us all to fail! ahhhh. sometimes i do not understand that woman. good luck tomorrow!
Well, I belated good luck to you, too!

Gah, I don't think I went to well in Section I, Q3: U&R.

I mean, it was the only time I've talked about U,R and P but I just don't think I wrote enough, unlike the other questions where I wrote heaps: I ended up getting 5 full typed pages out: 1 for q1, 1/1/4 q2, 3/4 for q3 and 2 for section 2.

What section 2 question did you use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)