Use of the word 'racism' (1 Viewer)

davin

HSC
N/A
right, cuz as soon as you say you're part of mensa, it means you are

Here is why you're wrong on the evolution statement. You used the example of horses having to stretch their necks and that stretching their necks would lead to further generations having longer necks.
Darwinism is the idea that there will be variations in the lengths of necks, and that those with longer necks will be more likely to survive and reproduce, thereby passing on whatever genes they might have that lead toward a tendancy of having longer necks.

frankly, i'm surprised you spelled mensa right

Comrade nathan

HSC
Just as if generations of horses try to reach higher branches by straining their necks, the neck will gradually grow
WAF explain how evolution actually works. But to dumb it down so you understand, the shorter necked horses would have to die, and the longer neck horses survive to pass on their genes.

This should have been explained during year 10 science, unless you went to a christian school.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I vote we should replace the word "racist" with "nigger"; instead of "you dirty racist" it would be a much more acceptable qoute of "you dirty nigger".

minushuman said:
I vote we should replace the word "racist" with "nigger"; instead of "you dirty racist" it would be a much more acceptable qoute of "you dirty nigger".
The black panthers have asked me, why?

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
WAF explain how evolution actually works. But to dumb it down so you understand, the shorter necked horses would have to die, and the longer neck horses survive to pass on their genes.

This should have been explained during year 10 science, unless you went to a christian school.
I went to a catholic school for year 10 and they taught theory of evolution.

Id always wondered why there werent any short neck giraffes wandering about (im talking of small necks, not the short necked giraffe). That would be really hard to think about, that the short necked ones die out, go that would have been hard, really really hard.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Generator said:
You may have resigned by then.

On a slight tangent, I say that a mass exodus should occur at about that time.
:uhhuh:

Not long...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
aurelia jejune said:
I think you've missed the point of MoonlightSonata's posts. I agree that the problems we associate with indigenous Australians are essentially low socio-economic status problems, and that it's not constructive to condone these problems.

However, I didn't think that was what MoonlightSonata was doing. Crabby was making completely unfounded, ignorant and bigoted assertions that needed to be corrected, and she did that. He made unrealistic, simplistic suggestions, and she pointed this out. She didn't present a whole new solution, but she didn't need to in order to correctly and legitimately identify what was wrong with Crabby's 'solution'.

You can't make progress based on false assumptions, and her posts were much more constructive in helping the Aboriginal cause than Crabby's, to be sure.
getting out of poverty is playing a game with loaded dice and you know it.its easier for someone living in the city with a good education[because the best schools are in sydney] and supportive parents who use their money to buy you stuff to further your education to get a job, or go to uni and get a high paying job...much easier

especially when we compare that to those living in outback communities with little to no facilities, poor education, zero job opertunities and a life far removed from ours, living in poverty isnt a choice[although for some it can be].

Ever heard the saying "you need money to make money"? well its true, when you live in outback craphole town, and you need to go somewhere to get a job you need

a) a plane ticket out of there, or a car with petrol money
b) someplace to stay and set yourself up at the city you arrive in
c) a support group that can help you get through the tough times
d) spending money to keep you afloat until you find a job, for food, bus fares, a deposit for a place to rent and so on

when your government payout is barely enough to buy food from, how do you expect them to save up enough to escape?
luckily UoW does provide some assistance to these people to make it abit easier, but it is definetely a challenge to make a life of yourself.

now enough about the aboriginals, this thread is about racism not poverty, or for expressing your racist views about small brain sizes

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
krabby_me said:
Mate im a member of mensa so dont question my intelligence.
That means my IQ's potentially 15 points higher than yours, what's your point?

davin

HSC
N/A
mensa is, what, 98 percentile and up? thats 132 and up for an IQ as according to wikipedia's distribution. not impressed here.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'll explain what really happens in the situation LaMarck described with the giraffes.

- There are a few short shrubs around the place, this can support a population of x short necked giraffes, and there are also many tall trees around, which can support a lot more giraffes.
- If there are more than x short necked giraffes, they cannot survive and many die.
- Add to this that long necked giraffes can eat both shrubs and trees, they would have a distinct advantage. So suppose as the result of a mutation a few long necked ones appeared, and they bred and created more and more. Eventually there would be more than x long necked giraffes, and they would eat all of the short necked giraffes bushes, but would not die out themselves due to being able to reach the trees, this then causes all short necked giraffes to die and the long necked giraffe becomes the norm.

davin

HSC
N/A
see, thats clearly the same as what was being discussed before with stretching, if you ignore the differences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)