USB drive (1 Viewer)

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
I got a mini ipod and when I plug the usb into my computer it says:

"USB device not recognized - One of the USB devices attached t this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

Troubleshooting doesn't help... does anyone have any ideas?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Did you install any software that came with the Ipod mini, before you plugged it in ?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Could it be like the ipod which I hear can only be accessed via itunes and not just through windows?

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
As 'MedNez' pointed out to me, we might be able to help you more if you include more details about your computer. Details such as what model it is, what version of Windows you are using, what other USB devices you have plugged in, etc would help us in delivering an effective answer for your problem.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Arvin Sloane said:
As 'MedNez' pointed out to me, we might be able to help you more if you include more details about your computer. Details such as what model it is, what version of Windows you are using, what other USB devices you have plugged in, etc would help us in delivering an effective answer for your problem.
I have this problem with my flash drive sometimes. Just pull it out and plug it in again. See what happens. If it does it again, then reconnect it again. Thats all i do.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Re-plug.

Re-start.

Re-install.

Roll back OS (if XP) and re-install software.

Try in that order - probably should check for stupid thingslike ipod mini in locked position etc between each escalating step.

fatmuscle

HSC
is ur iPod working correctly?

I had to do a few factory resets on mine b4 I got anything working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)