US Congressional elections - Democrats or Republicans (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
bshoc said:
Well evolution hasnt been able to refute the major cases against it either ie. the cambrian explosion, the chinese fossil bed. I don't see how teaching a variety of theories is bad, isnt that what a liberal education is about?
Actually you've been answered on that many times Bshoc, you just have a very selective memory.

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
I was soooo happy when Jim Webb won, was following his race closely. Kinda sad Tammy Duckworth and Harold Ford didn't win their races though...

I think Harold Ford's loss basically means that Barack Obama doesn't have a chance in 2008. It's probably going to be Hillary Clinton, Bill Richardson, maybe even John Edwards or Tom Daschle for the Democrat nominations. Although I've always wanted to see Mark Warner as President. He really does seem like a shoo-in for the Presidency.

btw Jeb Bush's hopes for 2008 died as a result of these elections too.

gerhard

HSC
Historically the ruling party has lost out in midterms in a two term president history, infact this is one of the weakest pickups in history after Reagan's second midterm. Given the political sitution, the Dems didnt do nearly as well as would have been expected.
what do you want? they won both houses, any more would have made very little difference

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
I reckon Mark Warner could win easily if he chose to run, in a race between Hillary and McCain. I feel McCain will win.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
i back republicans. i don't have much to say except i'm a conservative.

and i'm against liberal elite journalists such as richard reeves and hersh

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
giddycat88 said:
I reckon Mark Warner could win easily if he chose to run, in a race between Hillary and McCain. I feel McCain will win.
The GOP will really be hoping that the Dems do run Hillary, because she'll lose the Dems any of the "values voters" that they picked up as a result of the bungling of the Iraq war. However if she runs, that means Giulliani is out (because he wouldn't even win his home state against her), Condi won't run, Frist hasn't been the most effective of senate majority leaders, Allen is a racist moron who couldn't even win a senate seat and Jeb Bush has the wrong surname. This leaves McCain, Romney and Brownback as the only plausible contenders. I personally don't think McCain will get it, because these midterms have thinned the ranks of a couple of the more conservative candidates, and as such the right will not be split when they vote in the primaries. The moderates will all vote McCain, but the mainstream of the party will vote Romney because he's more articulate, more conservative and, most importantly, hasn't made a habit of crossing the congress floor on a regular basis.

Romney vs Hillary in a very tight presidential race, which will hopefully see the GOP retain presidency, and Dems keep congress (i.e. so noone can waste money on pointless shit).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)