Urgently wanting to know what Hist115, or possibly Hist114, are like (1 Viewer)

HSC
hannahxxx said:
Pol168 was really good. Pretty much what you do is learn to "read" global issues from different perspectives ( liberalist, neo liberalist, marxist, radicalist). You also touch on possible psychological reasons for disputes.

A lot of people commented on the amount of reading required (there is a lot in comparison to other subjects). If you've done modern history in yr 12 (?), then that will come in handy, seeing as the historical background of global disputes is emphasised. You need to know your stuff and do the readings for tuts (the people in my class were pretty sharp). Hope that helps
thanks for the feedback :). that sounds reallly goood! ugh... i'm in a bit of a dilemma though, because i chose aus politics in a global context (POL165) because it was offered in the first half year, fitted in with my timetable and the unit descriptions of 165 and 168 seemed very similar. and since POL168 is offered in the second half year, i can't swap it with POL165... has anyone done this unit and can provide some feedback?

although i could fit in the classes for POL168 for the second half year, it would mean that i would have 15 credit points, which i need special approval for...

can anyone suggest what should i do??? :bomb:

maka

HSC
I would just stay in POL165.

It works with your timetable, keeps you in line with credit point restrictions and has no further hassle.

I personally havent done it but people say it is very relevant to the domestic political scene.

I am just starting my Politics major this year. 3 subjects to go. Then I have an Arts degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)