Urgent! (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
James would like to know that if he jigs all the classes he has before the official hand in date for Ext 2 (tomorrow), will the school be able to report him and so on?

I thought this kind of thing only applied to internal assessments. Does the final hand in date even count as an assessment =/

I'm currently in the middle of my jigging and i need to know whether i should get my butt back to class immediately.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I am not endorsing anything, but what is more important? An *actual* mark *now* or a potential improvement in marks you may get in a few months time? Unless of course you have assesments today as well as EE2, then sit your exams and then skedaddle back to mwing.
Oh, and James? I'm loving the schitzoid Dreamerish theme you got going on.:p

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I thought this kind of thing only applied to internal assessments.
ext. 2 is internal. you don't sit an external exam so that makes it internal.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
keithmoon said:
ext. 2 is internal. you don't sit an external exam so that makes it internal.
No, no it isn't. The MW is the external exam so to speak, marked and regulated externally. The internals are what the schools make up themselves for example the trials. And what Dreamerish(james) is referring to is not any marking process, but an external submission date - you clip on your cards to your MW, and your teacher signs off, then sends off and voila.

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC
kami said:
No, no it isn't. The MW is the external exam so to speak, marked and regulated externally. The internals are what the schools make up themselves for example the trials. And what Dreamerish(james) is referring to is not any marking process, but an external submission date - you clip on your cards to your MW, and your teacher signs off, then sends off and voila.
i guess i'm wrong. i don't do ext. 2. :)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
You missed Binomial Probability this morning.

The computer I'm on still has your reservation note stuck to it. :rolleyes:

I sound like I'm talking to myself here.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'm slightly confused...is this girl Dreamerish or boy Dreamerish?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Haha, ok then...its mightily confusing though. Dreamerish is the only person on bored with multiple genders...I can only imagine her poor boyfriend.:p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
kami said:
Haha, ok then...its mightily confusing though. Dreamerish is the only person on bored with multiple genders...I can only imagine her poor boyfriend.:p

Evan is the secks <3

Unfortunately for Evan, it's James speaking here :p

And what the hell happened to IPR?! It's gone...=(

HSC
N/A
IPR is currently closed in order to strongly encourage everyone to work :) It'll be open again after submission of ee2 major works.

The B&P thread is still open, however. We just want you to save the precious time and effort that goes into constructing IPR posts to go into your major works ;)

Last edited:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
kami said:
I am not endorsing anything, but what is more important? An *actual* mark *now* or a potential improvement in marks you may get in a few months time? Unless of course you have assesments today as well as EE2, then sit your exams and then skedaddle back to mwing.
Oh, and James? I'm loving the schitzoid Dreamerish theme you got going on.:p
I may sound like an asshole, but the extra time Dreamerish gets gives her an unfair advantage over the other ext2 students who're making the effort to juggle classes with MW's.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Are you referring to the entire cohort or Dreamerish(james)' class?
Because if you are referring to the cohort and wish to make that complaint then I should be entitled to say that all had to hand it in and send it off to the Board on Monday like me. So that there is no unfair advantage of course.:)
And if you are referring to the indivivual class, then its each up to them how they manage their time in preface to Major Work submission - their adults(or close enough to it), they can take responsibility for where they spend their time.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
It is your choice what you prioritise - you also take responsibility for what you choose, if Dreamerish(james) wants to risk consequences thats *his* choice and its the choice of his classmates also.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I just dissagree with it in principle. For history extension IP last week (it was due on friday) one boy took tuesday, wednesday and thursday off (3 days) to get it done. I was in the same position as him (hadn't really started) yet I still fulfilled my obligation to come to school and attend classes. Not fair really.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
fleepbasding said:
I just dissagree with it in principle. For history extension IP last week (it was due on friday) one boy took tuesday, wednesday and thursday off (3 days) to get it done. I was in the same position as him (hadn't really started) yet I still fulfilled my obligation to come to school and attend classes. Not fair really.
I agree that it's unfair.

No student should be allowed to skip any classes before an assessment, and it should include hand-ins.

J

jhakka

fleepbasding said:
By doing that, the person should be willing to accept the consequences. If the school decides to report them or fail them or whatever, its on his own head. You also have to remember that they will probably miss out on classwork and have to catch up eventually. It's all a part of it. You can't make people do the right thing. The only thing you can do is to just do it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Yeah, I know... just expressing my moral dissaproval of the practice in general! Ha ha, I know I can't make students do it, but the BOS should. Anyway, my point is: Sure a person makes a choice and faces consequences, there just aren't enough consequences!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Let's face it: there is no such thing as missing out on classwork since most classes are a waste of time anyway. I'm going to pass on doing my MW which is due tomorrow for some crappy class where i know more than the teacher? I think not.

And as for the consequences, i certainly hope there won't be any :(

As far as i know, the school won't be that slack to fail one of its students for an assessment where he competes with students from other schools as opposed to students within his school. Plus, most of my teachers know and have accepted that i've jigged their classes for this. I told them so. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)