Urgent! (1 Viewer)

HSC
How was Frankenstein and Bladerunner received by audiences of their time??

Not sure if I need to actually quote reviews (although that is from the 21st century) OR if I need to make statements about how the futuristic style of BR (for e.g.) would have appealed/related to the 1980's audience because it showed the potential results on nature of pollution etc, due to the environmental concerns of their time...??

HELP PLEASE :D

inhinyero

HSC
This thread is boring, isn't it? Sounds like a geek in the library

HSC
sounds like someone doesn't have a heavily weighted adv english essay due very very soon :)

danal353

HSC
frankenstein was initially published under percy shelley's name since mary shelley was a woman *shakes head*, you also have to keep in mind that frankenstein was a gothic novel, which was a part of the newly emerging romantic tradition. This new way of thinking was controversial but nevertheless, countless plays were made of it.

Blade Runner is known as a cult film, that is, at the time of its release it was not historically popular, but to this day there remains a dedicated group of fans. in other words, a film like titanic, though sensationally popular at the time of release, is not a cult film

as far as i know, quotes from reviews are not necessary, though i didn't get a question like yours so i'm not sure

hope it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)