URGENT!!!!!!! Special Considerations (1 Viewer)

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
i have heard of ppl applyin 4 considerations 4 heaps of stuff eg. disadvantaged school, unsupportive family, part time work and other stuff.

I recently had an ACL reconstruction, d physio is sucking up so much time. i was wondering if any1 knows how i can apply 4 special considerations.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
u can apply for EAS. what that does is that it gives u concession wiht the course ur tryign to get in. Though it's usulaly a within few marks distance. eg: say if u get 95.0 and commerce is 96.5 or soemhting, chances are u will get if ur applicaiton for EAS has being approved. though if u get somehting like 91, then ur chance of getting in obviously decreases.

from emmory, you can apply for special consideration if u have a physical illness that hinged ur study ability substantialy, if u have finacial difficulties and had to work, or if u live in a crowded area and have no where to study(like 4 plz in one room) and many more conditions..

here is a link, and its full of info so do check it out.
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=24845&highlight=EAS

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
how do i go about applying 4 stuff like financil difficulty, and do you think i can apply for special considerastion as i have had an AcL reconstruction and need to have phsio 2-3 times a wk, this seriously affects me study.

Lemar

u have 2 go to ur school counseller and ask for the application form. u must have had an event occur that affected ur studies. for exampple earlier this year my father had a stroke and this greatly affected my studies. so when i went to the school counseller she gave me all the details and i filled out the form.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
also keep in mind special provisions, it wont help your UAI, but it may give you a small amount of extra time and padded chairs and stuff if you are in pain

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Psht, just do your work.

I meet the criteria + more, but really, just try and get in on your own steam :rolleyes:

classics_chic

HSC
aim54x said:
i have heard of ppl applyin 4 considerations 4 heaps of stuff eg. disadvantaged school, unsupportive family, part time work and other stuff.

I recently had an ACL reconstruction, d physio is sucking up so much time. i was wondering if any1 knows how i can apply 4 special considerations.
talk to your school counsellor about it. They'll be able to guide you in the right direction.

I got special consideration for the following factors:

arthritis
depression/ anxiety
disturbed family life

I got breaks and I typed my HSC which was really good, plus I got 5 UAI points to play with in case I stuffed up. And I also applied for the UNE system, where they'll consider accepting you without a UAI at all (I was preaccepted before I started HSC exams, and I didn't go there, so you don't have to accept)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
you need to have evidence to back up your disadvantages.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
im applying for illness
i got crohn's disease which gets flared up by stress..
so ive suffered from it before every set of assesment

sucks majorly

kpq_sniper017

porge said:
im applying for illness
i got crohn's disease which gets flared up by stress..
so ive suffered from it before every set of assesment

sucks majorly
out of curiosity...
what happens before exams?

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
you mean in terms of how am i sick??

kpq_sniper017

yea...
or i could look it up on the net, but it's always more interesting to hear it from someone who's experienced it.

btw. do things like relaxation exercises etc. help to alleviate the symptoms?

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
ok well for me mines really mild and what you read on the net apaprently is all a bit scary. i get really bad cramps and nausea, and i have to kill the pain by taking panadeine forte for a couple of days. and yeah i dont eat much food.

my doctor suggested i go on a 'journey' find out what it is externally thats haivng an effect on me internally, like relationships or fights and things. but other then that i basically have to not worry so much bout exams (which i havent been and thats why its all a bit weird), and be careful with what i eat (but i dont) and avoid lactose for me

but everyones different you just gotta do what feels right

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
truly-in-bliss said:
...you can apply for special consideration if u have a physical illness that hinged ur study ability substantialy, if u have finacial difficulties and had to work, or if u live in a crowded area and have no where to study(like 4 plz in one room) and many more conditions..
yeah but according to my shitty counsellor it doesn't apply if you live a fuckload distance from school and had morning and afternoon classes 5 days a week. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)