• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

URGENT random Qs about UTS (1 Viewer)

katarvey

Premium Member
HSC
1. I've heard you dont have pracs on ur first week...like u just turn up, tick ur name off (something like that) and go home. IS THIS RITE? cause i got one tomoro and i havent got my lab coat/goggles yet. on my timetable it says i start tomoro. also do tuts/comp sessions start first week?

2. Do you get a small break between subjects so u can run out and get a drink/toilet/food/etc?

3. Anyone part of UTS sports groups/teams....are they good/fun/interesting??

4. does anyone use the outdoor courts randomly...like casual games at lunch times or wateva?

5. (prob the most imp question lol) Wats the happy hour deals?

6. i know eurodrag already askd this but for science lectures...are they compulsory are they recorded and put on the net?

i know these have been askd a bit late and are completely random, probably stupid Qs...but if u could help me out that would b great! =)

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
katarvey said:
1. I've heard you dont have pracs on ur first week...like u just turn up, tick ur name off (something like that) and go home. IS THIS RITE? cause i got one tomoro and i havent got my lab coat/goggles yet. on my timetable it says i start tomoro. also do tuts/comp sessions start first week?
Don't know about science ones but it seems doubtful you'll need your gear for the first week. They'll likely just go through a few things.

katarvey said:
2. Do you get a small break between subjects so u can run out and get a drink/toilet/food/etc?
What does your timetable say? Do you have a break? Otherwise assume you have to go from one class to the next. If the tutor is lenient, I guess you could rock up late after getting a coffee or something. You can normally go to the toilet during a tute/lecture without even asking the staff member.

katarvey said:
No, but I guess they'd be good/fun/interesting if they're continually running. You should have went to O'day and looked around at some of the clubs/societies etc.

katarvey said:
4. does anyone use the outdoor courts randomly...like casual games at lunch times or wateva?
Yes, people always use the basketball courts (assuming you're referring to them).

katarvey said:
Depends where you go :p

katarvey said:
6. i know eurodrag already askd this but for science lectures...are they compulsory are they recorded and put on the net?
Dunno.

dr.denk

HSC
You do science aswell?

Which major???

Oh and i have no fucking clue about your questions lol.

Doing mathematical modelling for science?

Jerruy

HSC
does anyone know if tutorials are run during the first week?

katarvey

Premium Member
HSC
dr.denk said:
You do science aswell?

Which major???

Oh and i have no fucking clue about your questions lol.

Doing mathematical modelling for science?
AHAHAH im doin forensic bio and biomed =) but thank god im not doing that subject (mathy one) LOL!

thanks everyone!!...i mean happy hour at the UTS bars (like the union discounts)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
maxpowerallstar said:
How do we know if we have a tutorial or when it is?
How did you manage to make it to uni? It's on your timetable ffs, you picked the times when you enrolled.

HSC
Azamakumar said:
How did you manage to make it to uni? It's on your timetable ffs, you picked the times when you enrolled.
Relax champ I just thought it would be labelled tutorial since I've only got lectures and pracs.

krayzie_

HSC
katarvey said:

i know these have been askd a bit late and are completely random, probably stupid Qs...but if u could help me out that would b great! =)
Your other questions have been answered, except for

6. No, they are not compulsory but you will find yourself failing if you don't go to them because the majority of the time the lecturer is not reading directly from the lecture notes - they use the notes as a basis and then expand on each area.

Jerruy

HSC
maxpowerallstar said:
Relax champ I just thought it would be labelled tutorial since I've only got lectures and pracs.
Then you don't have Tuts.

Did they run today? Anyone know?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I was told in my lec that there'd be no tutes/labs for that sub til next week.

Not sure about other subjects.

krayzie_

HSC
You should of been told, why don't you email your SC to find out.

For me, I have subjects which start tutorials this week and others which do not start till next. So the only way you can find out effectively is to check your subject outline or email the SC, because we BoSers won't be able to answer your questions!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Mathematical modelling for science is prob the easiest subject if you come from a maths background. Its like revision for ext 1 and ext 2 stuff...well most of it that is.

dr.denk

HSC
Im struggling on vectors ;)

Nah im not, but this fucking mathematical methods textbook is hard to understand.

lecturer (Chris something) is fucking top notch. His explanations are good to :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)