URGENT! ottawa Charter (1 Viewer)

Miss-K-Lee-2007

HSC
What is the Ottawa Charter I have just moved to NSW from QLD and have never learnt this! please help and explain what this is!

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
Miss-K-Lee-2007 said:
What is the Ottawa Charter I have just moved to NSW from QLD and have never learnt this! please help and explain what this is!
Health promotion is the process of enabling people to increase control over their health and improve their health. In 1986, the World Health Organisation recognised the importance of health promotion when they developed the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion. The charter recognised that there are five essential actions to improve health and create greater equality in health:

1. developing personal skills
2. creating supportive environments
3. strengthening community action
4. reorienting health services
5. building healthy public policy.

The action areas of the Ottawa Charter are central to many health promotion initiatives and programs in Australia. The action areas also provide a useful framework for analysing each of the five identified priority areas for Australia’s health which are Cancer, CVD, Asthma, Diabetes, injuries and mental illness... if i am correct haha

hope that helps.. usually an initiative is used in conjunction with the ottowa charter.. i.e. Fresh Tastes at School program...

KonP

HSC
This is my first post.... I just recieved my first assessment task for PDHPE for my yr12 course. I really really need help with it ... The quesiton it asks is:
Using the principles of the ottawa charter as a framework, design an innovative health promoting strategies to address CVD(cardiovascular disease).....Thankyou btw i already know what the ottawa charter definition is so leave that out if u want thankss...

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
that's a different type of assessment, designing your own... our teacher jus got us to analyse an initiative or more than one... there is stacks of resources on CVD EVERYWHERE on this SITE... check the resources section....

i suggest you contact the HEART FOUNDATION AUSTRALIA... these guys could b of help to you.. i remember for mine i contacted the ASTHMA council NSW and they gave me heaps of info, most of it junk... but at least you can reference it all...

good luck...

like i said to Ms K Lee.. refer to syllabus... so important especially the right hand side column of the syllabus... where you have to discuss and learn to...

cheers

gerg tenrab 07

Tip the Scales
HSC
hey

im doin an assessment with the question "Explain how the application of the Ottawa charter addresses the social justice priciple in relation to CVD in Australia. no more than 50 lines"

i was wondering how do u recommend i should tackle this in regards to setting out my answer

KtotheHo

HSC
hey. this is my first post so be nice:)

i just got an assessment for Year 12.:eek: *SHOCK*

its one where we have to create a campaign on skin cancer aimed at a high school. and we have to include the different sections of the Ottawa Charter for it.

im having trouble figuring out how to start my campaign.

if anyone.. ANYONE can help even in the slightest way, it would be greatly appreciated!

thankkks

KtotheHo

HSC
yeh, ive had a look at those websites!
thanks for that!!!!! :)

the campaign thing is really hard, cause it has to apply to my school.
so pretty much realistic.

its just one of those annoying assessments.:mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)