Urgent Need help for engineering assignment please (1 Viewer)

BenBrownTown

HSC
I need to complete a HSC assessment task for engineering by the end of the night i know left it too late but please help me decide what to do I am really lost once I know where to begin I will do fine.

I have to compare two lifting devices that perform similar tasks but use different techniques, and base the analysis off 3 criteria. Please any suggestions of what devices to use and the criteria, would save me so much right now from failing this :(

Or, if you have any ideas what criteria to use for a jack lift and hydraulic lift for a car.

Thankyou very much for any advice

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Hydraulics are complex to grasp and hard to discuss until you have a good grounding in the fundamentals of them.

I would do a tower crane (incredibly simply, plenty of info online about them) and then the jack lift as you said.

BenBrownTown

HSC
but they need do the same task but using different techniques. how much i compare a tower crane to a jack lift for a car?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Okay, I didn't understand the question sorry.

So looking at your car jack and hydraulic lift examples:

Criteria:
Suitability to perform task (jacking up a car); 1.e. raise car 1.5m off ground (check, both can do this)
Safety features/locking mechanisms (research this)
Ease of use and price; A manual jack will be much cheaper than a hydraulic jack although take longer to use.

etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)