Urgent: Need Advice !! (1 Viewer)

victoriouz1

HSC
I'm seriously stuck between UNSW or USYD for architecture as i realise they both have a fantastic reputation
any tips or advice PLEASSSSSSSSE ?!
how is social life at both ? facilities ? ANYTHING ?!
omg omg omg which one should i go to > . <
ANY feedback would be much appreciated
Thanks people !

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
victoriouz1 said:
I'm seriously stuck between UNSW or USYD for architecture as i realise they both have a fantastic reputation
any tips or advice PLEASSSSSSSSE ?!
how is social life at both ? facilities ? ANYTHING ?!
omg omg omg which one should i go to > . <
ANY feedback would be much appreciated
Thanks people !
What you should be looking at is the extra-curricular stuff. Things like student development and leadership programs. By the time you graduate from university, employers will be looking more at your skills than at theunivrsity you went to. They can be difficult to get into - there are 2,000 day students at my uni and the student leadership program accepts just 20 in the course of a year - but they are worth it. A degree simply says you can do architecture, but if you've done university-run development programs, that puts you a cut above everyone else.

victoriouz1

HSC
I haven't really read about any leadership type programs in either, I'm only aware that they both offer good societies/clubs/sports etc etc, that type of thing?

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
I agree, both universities are very reputable but are you going to take into consideration the travelling and job opportunities within the area. for example if u want a part time job that would be very conveniently located near your university then usyd is quite a good option as it has many businesses that are alsways willing to take in employees and so you can get a job aswell as having the opportunity of the scoail events at USYD. i think any decision would be wise although im not sure on that course...you should really just look at the course outline and decide from that what uni would be best.

best of luck

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
victoriouz1 said:
I haven't really read about any leadership type programs in either, I'm only aware that they both offer good societies/clubs/sports etc etc, that type of thing?
No. Not stuff like the Young Liberals or whatever: a dedicated program for this kind of thing. I know they exist because their programs are based on the one I went through at UNE. Contact the university and try and enquire about it.

victoriouz1

HSC
I can't lol, uac prefs close in like.. 20 minutes.
im desperate for advice

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
victoriouz1 said:
I can't lol, uac prefs close in like.. 20 minutes.
im desperate for advice
Then what on earth have you been doing with the past twelve months?

More importantly, what are you doing on these forums?

If they're as good as each other it doesn't matter which one you apply to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)